My system is almost finished!

Participant count
  • Participant list

ecbmxer
10+ year member

I've been working on putting together a system in my 05 Nissan Titan, and its almost finished. I have DLS MS6 components up front, and DLS 226 coaxial speakers in the rear. The rears are running off HU power and the fronts are going to be run off of a DLS A5 amp (85x2 + 500x1 @ 2 ohms). I have them running off HU power also right now until I install my amp on Thursday and they sound amazing with only the 27W RMS. I have a Pioneer DEH-P8MP head unit and am using a PAC SWI-PS steering wheel controller. I have 2 JL 10W3V2 subs that are being run at a 2 ohm total impedence. I used KnuKonceptz wiring all over and deadened the doors and rear floor area with Fatmat. I made speaker adapters for all 4 speakers out of 3/4" MDF, so they are mounted pretty solid. I built my box for the subs out of 3/4" MDF also. The box is screwed down so it doesn't move in the event of a crash also.

I've been playing with all the tuning options on the HU and it sounds awesome even without subs and with minimal power to the comps. After the amp is hooked up, I am sure it will sound amazing! Here's some pics of my install. I mounted the tweeters flush on the stock grilles, and the trim matches the Titan's interior perfect. Once it warms up in the spring, I may run new wire to the front speaker woofers and deaden the front doors even more. The Titan's wiring is a nightmare, and I just used the stock woofer wiring for now. I didn't get to post any pics of the front doors or the woofers because it started to rain as I was finishing installing the speakers and I had to frantically put the door panels back on under a tarp.

Here are the pics of my sub box. Also, I just realized that I posted this in the speaker section. If a moderator wants to move this to general or the pics section, please do.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.