My subs start fading when both are connected. Help?!

woe_ismitch

I moved my entire system from my Pontiac Grand Prix to my new Jeep Wrangler. Everything is hooked up right. I have the right wiring system. My amp is a 1000w Sony Xplod powering two 12" Dual subwoofers with 500w peak each. In my grand prix, they sounded spectacular, both of them were wired up and worked. Now when both are wired up in my Jeep, they sound awful. When only one is connected, it sounds fine though. The only thing i'm using is a different head unit. It's an older Pioneer head unit. Could that be the problem? I'm a little new to all of this so help would be great! Thanks.

sounds like you have them out of phase man,reverse the speaker wires on one and see if it sounds better,thats the first place you should start,if thats not it then go from there

when i have one sub connected, it works just fine, sounds just like a 12" should. as soon as i add the other one, they both lose their power and sound awful. i have switched the wiring and changed them around but that doesnt seem to be working.

i've switched them one at a time, that didnt seem to be working so eventually just bought new speaker wire for both of them and that still didn't fix it.
ok are they both wired together or one speaker on each channel?

i have a Sony Xplod 1000w amp and they are just wired directly to the two ports on the enclosure i have. on one channel. i have the negatives on one side and the positives on the other, from each sub.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.