My setup, very confused

Boom1

Hey guys bought this BRX2016.1D | Hifonics

Now there's a few things I am confused on. First under the specs of the amp the fuse says external 200a recommended. Do I have a to buy a fuse separately? And also. I know there's diagrams out there that explain this. If I'm trying to get 1000 watts rms through each sub. I would have to have a 1 ohm final load. The only way that I've seen it possible (through diagrams) is to get the 2 dual 1 ohm subs. Will this actually create a 1 ohm final load? Some people are saying it will create .5 some are saying .5 but after connecting to amp it would be closer to 1 ohm. Some are saying it would be 1 ohm and some are saying two. I really don't know who to trust. So if anyone who actually knows ohms law could help me out that would be freaking sweet. Also if you could look at this amp and tell me if its capable of connecting the subs that way I would appreciate it.

A pair of 1 ohm or 4 ohm subs will wire to 1 ohm. Either will work. A pair of 2 ohm subs would wire to 2 ohm, or .5 ohm, because that's what I have.

By the way that Brutus amp won't do rated unless you have stable 14.4v electrical I would set it to ~1800w. I own a BRX2400.1 but I know that it can really only do like ~2100w on 12-13.8v.

A pair of 1 ohm or 4 ohm subs will wire to 1 ohm. Either will work. A pair of 2 ohm subs would wire to 2 ohm, or .5 ohm, because that's what I have.
By the way that Brutus amp won't do rated unless you have stable 14.4v electrical I would set it to ~1800w. I own a BRX2400.1 but I know that it can really only do like ~2100w on 12-13.8v.
unless you wire all the way down, its WAY less than that if you properly clamp test it with an oscope hooked on. I had two of those brx 2400s at .5 ohm each 14.0 volts stable and they got creamed with a DC 3.5kin every way possible. Dcs were wired to 1 ohm and clamped 1750 ish watts rising to 2.4 ohms (my lowest impedance at 34hz)

Check out some wiring diagrams and make sure you get your terms correct when explaining things. Couple helpful points to consider with the Subwoofer specifically would be single or dual voice coils? And second is wiring the subs. You can wire dual voice coil subs in parallel, or series. And you can wire 2 Subwoofers in parallel or series. Point is...everyone is right, everyone is wrong. A pair of 2 ohm Subwoofer Won't create a 2 ohm load when wired together as someone says...however if he is 'assuming' Dual voice coil 2 ohm per coil...then he's correct.

Bottom line, it's what you describe, and how people interpret first and foremost...

Correct would be two dual 1ohm or dual 4 ohm as 1 Ohm final load - which someone stated correctly.

unless you wire all the way down, its WAY less than that if you properly clamp test it with an oscope hooked on. I had two of those brx 2400s at .5 ohm each 14.0 volts stable and they got creamed with a DC 3.5kin every way possible. Dcs were wired to 1 ohm and clamped 1750 ish watts rising to 2.4 ohms (my lowest impedance at 34hz)
Think it can be safely set at ~1200w @ 2 ohm? That's where I have mine since I have no oscope.

No, set the gains normally. What your initial projected will always be higher than your real world actual numbers. Thats normally how box rise is.
I used a multimeter, that's the most accurate I can be atm. I'll post a thread of my setup I don't wanna thread jack lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.