My setup... recommendations??

Participant count
  • Participant list

Louiss11

I have a 2010 2ss camaro with nose audio.

I currently have a 12w6v2 D4 in a sealed 1.25 cu in box and a monoblock Jl audio 1000/1 amp on a stock headunit with a lc2 high low converter.

It sounds ok but I’m looking for a more boomy sound/feel that massages/shakes your body.

Should I a. Buy another 12 like it

B. Put it in a ported box

C. Sell it and buy 2 10s

My buddy has 2 10s in a sealed enclosure and I like the way it sounds

you might want to list a budget.

the cheapest option if you are handy with common power tools to to custom build a ported enclosure. this may give you what you want and only cost $50ish

adding a 2nd sub will make it louder but you will lose your headroom on the amp.

2 10s should be louder and use a smaller box even ported than 2 12s but you will have to push them harder than 2 12s.

it sounds like you want to dig deep on low frequency songs and your current box is struggling to dig so deep. the easy fix for that is a low tuned ported box something around 2-2.25cu ft tuned to 30-32hz

Its the line out convertor and stock head unit limiting you. Stock head units have an agressive high pass filter built in which cuts off the bass to the door speakers to prevent the sh*tty factory speakers from destroying themselves. What this means is when you try to get a signal for your amplifier, its not there, you are literally trying to amplify a signal thats been cut to sh*t already. No matter what you do, your bass will always sound off and weak unless you get the signal side taken care of. Literally every week on this forum audio newbies make threads about having a system they arent satisfied with or have issues with and an audiocontrol or cheaper line out converter was always involved.

My ex girl had a 2010 chevy camaro as well and had a shop(before i met her) add a 12 inch sub. They used a line out convertor same lc2i, her subs were weak. I convinced her to get a brand new radio. Nothing else changed, literally felt like a low powered 8 inch sub with the LOC to an actual 12 inch sub on proper power in terms of loudness with the new head unit with dedicated sub out. Amp ran cooler as well, waaaay less clipping and distortion, way cleaner signal.

New head unit and do a properly designed custom ported box tailored to your vehicle acoustics and subwoofer parameters. Dont buy anything pre-made.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.