My setup - 350z

did you go JL cause this 350z is a show car and people just think cause the over rated factor type seen so many people be like oh many w7 the loudest sub made and i just stand there thinkn wow and laugh. but nice clean setup none the less man very nice work.
I had to re-read that 5 times but I got it eventually lol. Brutal

Nice instal, the bass knob is super clean and the running of the wires looks prett good too. Does the factory HU actually have pre-outs on it or did you have to use a Clean Sweep or 3.sixty type deal? Surprisingly there actually seems to be a decent amount of room in those cars for audio installs Got any more pics? keep em comin

Nice instal, the bass knob is super clean and the running of the wires looks prett good too. Does the factory HU actually have pre-outs on it or did you have to use a Clean Sweep or 3.sixty type deal? Surprisingly there actually seems to be a decent amount of room in those cars for audio installs Got any more pics? keep em comin
the headunit has no pre-outs, but the Slash series amplifiers have a built-in line output converter so you just cut and strip one end of the RCA wires and tap into the rear speakers and set the amp on hi-level input and boom you're in business.

Also, the stock headunit is BOSE and it is a known fact that the BOSE headunits output 4 channels with a completely flat curve at all volume levels, so a device such as a 360 or cleansweep would be a waste of money as it would do... basically nothing.

more pictures:

here is the car at a photoshoot getting pictures taken of the stealthbox. the stealthbox is actually the V2 version which switches over to 10w3v3 as opposed to the v2's it used to come with.

this is the amp rack i modeled mine after. it is on a friend's Z and he gave me the measurements for it and i copied it. mine is strapped down as opposed to his which is just sitting there.

I have no more pictures //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Nice, but I would just get a 300/2 and run some nicer components for the front. I know sound is subjective, but for the money the JL speakers are decent at best. That and in such a small car, and the rear speakers being right behind your head, I just don't see the need for rear fill...

Yeah, i dont run any rear fill on my other car but on this one its mellow bass and i think the rear fill sounds nice. Plan is a 300/4 and the new C5 6.5" speakers. Components in the front and coax in the back.

I'll see though maybe i change my mind and build my own speakers. LOL yeah right who am i kidding.

first off when you tie-wrap something you put the heads out of sight, second people don't hate on JL because its bad there just NOT STUPID enough to pay for the same product they can purchase @ 1/2 the cost! also in general bose makes JUNK compared to after-market stuff, and 2volts on the pre-amp is MORE than enough to get max power out of any amp... i think its laughable that you purchased the bose system then went back and got after-market stuff.

also rca's are called cable(it transfers signal not power) and second i would NEVER cut RCA cables... a simple LOC would have been much better as its now about 10x easier to get noise ESP behind the CD player... so before you start bragging/ cutting people down look in the mirror

did you go JL cause this 350z is a show car and people just think cause the over rated factor type seen so many people be like oh many w7 the loudest sub made and i just stand there thinkn wow and laugh. but nice clean setup none the less man very nice work.
huh?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

first off when you tie-wrap something you put the heads out of sight, second people don't hate on JL because its bad there just NOT STUPID enough to pay for the same product they can purchase @ 1/2 the cost! also in general bose makes JUNK compared to after-market stuff, and 2volts on the pre-amp is MORE than enough to get max power out of any amp... i think its laughable that you purchased the bose system then went back and got after-market stuff.
also rca's are called cable(it transfers signal not power) and second i would NEVER cut RCA cables... a simple LOC would have been much better as its now about 10x easier to get noise ESP behind the CD player... so before you start bragging/ cutting people down look in the mirror
go read up on the JL website. the Slash amps have built-in LOC's moron. so before you spew out what you think is right do your research so you know what you are talking about.

second, i bought the car with navigation, and it came with the BOSE system. they dont sell the car with Navi and no bose system. and you're a retard if you think a 2volt deck will pump out as much as a 5volt deck. I have a 5.5volt deck on my other car so i think i know the difference when i switched the amp from one car to the other.

Seriously for every 10 smart people on this site there are 45 uninformed idiots with street-ricer knowledge they learned at the k-mart parking lot meet.

To me there could have been no better compliment to you than the haters assuming a professional shop did it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Nice.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.