My saturn is getting a 5 speed

Participant count
  • Participant list

93 saturn sl2
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Michigan
Well the auto trans is on its last leg so im swapping in my manual trans. I bought the transmission last summer and me being the lazy person I am, Im just now starting to get it swapped in. I will update this post as progress goes forward. I will be doing the actual swap this sunday

1. Transmission all disassembled so I could get the diff pin welded.

2db9l5v.jpg

2. Brake pedal trimmed to fit the manual pedal cover and clutch pedal installed.

xo07qt.jpg

3. shifter installed

ajxe86.jpg

I just got finished putting the trans back together a few minutes ago.

Its in finally. Started at 8 am and didnt finish till like 10pm. This was a ***** to do, but its well worth it. The flywheel is a Fidanza 8lb one, stock lifetime warranty clutch from Advance auto and the transmission has a Phantom Grip LSD with welded diff pin.

I still gotta get a clip for the slave cylinder that I didnt have and then put the battery and intake back on and I can drive it.

no trans

30lfpd5.jpg

flexplate

2w1vaqd.jpg

**** you

2e1wz8l.jpg

flywheel and clutch installed

2pqw2ms.jpg

managed to crack a 15mm snap on socket with a breaker bar.

fdcagz.jpg

new trans //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

2j1n80o.jpg

r8biqc.jpg

shifter.

24gp1c4.jpg

if you broke a 15mil, you are putting too much torque into the bolts, or you have a really shitty socket set:fyi:
broke it trying to get one of the trans bolts out //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

and I dont think snap on is shitty.

broke it trying to get one of the trans bolts out //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
and I dont think snap on is shitty.
I have never broken a craftsman, and i have put 3ft of breaker on a 15 before:fyi:

I need to get the slave cylinder to align with the firewall then it will be. I just started in and everything seems fine.
nice....IMO you will love the 5sp of the 4sp? auto

the only auto i ever enjoy(ed) driving is my maverick, but it is well over 300hp

car drives and feels great as well. Its definitely faster than before.

You still running naws?
Nope, sold it like a year ago. I may be picking up a forged engine and going turbo //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.