What truck is this?

89montero
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I was just over at the house we are moving into and there's this old Ford in the woods at the back of the property. The the guy we will be renting the house from said its been there as long as he's owned the house and just hasn't gotten around to dumping it. He said I could have it if I wanted. We weren't there that long but I did take a quick look. It looks pretty solid, a little rust and some dents but nothing major. The paint is covered in moss but some rubbing compound would make it look new. It has a stick shift but I wasn't able to able to open the hood so I don't know if it has a V8.

Can anyone tell from this pic what it is and what engine it might have?

I'm pretty sure it's a 1955-60 Ford F150 or maybe f100.

truck.jpg

When we move in I'll just use my SUV to pull it out and see if I can get it running.

Fixing up a vehicle you dont' have the title to probably isn't a good idea. You never know, the guy that owns the house could hold the title and just scam you into fixing it for him. If he takes you to court over it and he holds the title, you're S.O.L.

Fixing up a vehicle you dont' have the title to probably isn't a good idea. You never know, the guy that owns the house could hold the title and just scam you into fixing it for him. If he takes you to court over it and he holds the title, you're S.O.L.
x2

See if you can get the title first...

Also, you won't get it to run. The engine's probably rusted through, and if it's not the pistons are probably frozen solid.

You'll have to at least rebuild the engine, replace the brake lines and basically every other line in the car, probably replace the struts and the suspension...

I mean... if you want to rebuild the WHOLE car, go ahead.

But I'm wagering it's gunna need A LOT of work.

Well I wouldn't put any money into it unless I got the title.

It's a 3 on the floor

Also there were some newer parts lying inside the cab which made me wonder if it hasn't been sitting there that long and maybe the previous owner had it running but just got sick of it and let it there.

I don't plan on putting any serious money into it, just want a chance to rip it out of the woods and see what the engine looks like before the landlord has it hauled off.

actually looks like a late 50's f-100, they only had double headlights a couple years, not as desirable as the 53-56 but if its a shortbed it would still be a cool rod. any pics of underneath or under hood? wana ship it to nj?

If I were to venture a guess I would say its a 1960 1/2 ton (not sure if the 1/2 tons were F100 or F150 at that point.)

1960-1969-ford-trucks-3.jpg

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/1960-1969-ford-trucks1.htm

did ford have the f-series then?
F-series started in 49 I believe.

From my experience, when you find a car that has to be pulled out of the bushes, you better just plan on restoring everything. Would make an awesome project tho
I would mostly be worried about the floors in the cab being totally shot, and the frame being pretty rough from sitting in the bushes. Engine would most definitely need a full rebuild, and if not you would wanna do it anyways just to make it all right.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.