My Polaris RZR XP1000

Participant count
  • Participant list
Thanks.

This is the air intake tube for the belt (cvt) drive. A portion is cut out and a Rule 240 bilge blower motor installed to force additional air in when needed. A temp sensor is installed on the exhaust side for the gauge.

I'm getting my moneys worth out of these pods. I made them in '09 for my 800 then to the XP900, now modding them to fit the 1000 using marglass.

Spot puttied

Cleaning up the edges around the Lowrance for more of a flushed in look

Polyprimed then guidecoated

I work at Buckshot Racing in my spare time doing wiring and fiberglass but never have any time to learn and do any aluminum work. I figured I have a shop with all the tools at my disposal so time to take advantage of it. I started off with the easier stuff and I made trailing arm protectors, full skid plate and stared on the windshield. The part I was most excited about was doing the bed. This is where I called in for some help from the pros, other than the welding, a little hand holding on the brake and bead roller, this is about 95% me. These Klicos are a nice invention.

Dash done

Bed tin done

Updated 7 year old overhead console switches

Made aluminum hex/heim sway bar end links

Front skid plate 2.0 in the works

Passenger seat, door panel and door speaker in for final time

How are you liking the ride? I do a lot of riding, but can never justify 20k+ on a machine I take into some awful scenarios. I'm curious to see how the 1000s go in the trail compared my dad's Yamaha Wolverine. It'll go more places and do it easier than all the Rzr 800/900s and Commanders I've seen. Top end speed its got nothing on all the other side by sides (chipped at 52mph), but that isn't a big deal for the trails I hit.

Side notes, I've seen people get pretty sick sound systems in their Rzrs in particular. Pretty interested to hear yours.

Also, how well do those LED Lightbars hold up? I'm afraid of investing 100s of dollars into some and then destroy them on the trail since we have lots of brush and low hanging trees/branches on lots of our trails.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.