My newest install pics(DRZ9255/Seas Ref/Peerless Exclusive)

cam2Xrunner
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Ca.

The DRZ9255 is actively crossing over the frequencies sent to the 4 channels of the MB Quart QAA4250.

The front two channels are powering the Seas Lotus Reference Aluminum Tweeters. The rears are powering Peerless Exclusive 7" Midwoofers.

It is incredible. I'm just speechless to say the least. There is so much power and clarity it is insane. The gains and built in crossovers on the amp are all bypassed. The DRZ handles all gain control, bandpass crossovers, Parametric EQ and Time alignment. I am very impressed with this setup. The left imaging is out past the drivers side mirror. The staging is at or 4 inches above dash level. Stage depth isn't that great. After mounting the tweeters in A Pillar pods it should bring the depth out onto the hood.

I need to get a dashmat and start deadening/soundproofing the rest of the truck.

The sad part is I already pulled out the MB Quart amp.

The good news is, I'm trading it for a Phoenix Gold ZX950 6 channel //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Specs on the PG amp here.

http://www.phoenixgold.com/webfaq/ZX.htm

It's basically a ZX450 and a ZX500 in one chassis. I've read that there are less than 20 of these ever made made in black.

XRunnerChevron.jpg

that looks so bad ass!

nice, i think i read your review on eca. good stuff. are you going to use the 6channel as follows: bridge four channels to two for the mids and the other two channels are going to be used for the Seas Refs Tweets? also what was wrong with the mb quart amp?

i'm hoping to get my Seas CA18RLY soon and get those in. glad you like the exlusives because there hasn't been much reviews on those. but of course everyone knows how wonderful the lotus tweets are.

dude those trucks are badddddd asssssssssss, i love em....whenever i decide to buy a new truck ima throw a down payment down on one of those

nice, i think i read your review on eca. good stuff. are you going to use the 6channel as follows: bridge four channels to two for the mids and the other two channels are going to be used for the Seas Refs Tweets? also what was wrong with the mb quart amp?
i'm hoping to get my Seas CA18RLY soon and get those in. glad you like the exlusives because there hasn't been much reviews on those. but of course everyone knows how wonderful the lotus tweets are.
For now I will use the 5th and 6th channels bridged to power the Arc Audio Flatline.

The MB Quart amp was nice. I ran into this PG ZX950 in a trade for my amp and some drivers I had laying around. I've always wanted that amp, especially in black.

Why the RLY instead of the popular RNX CA18?

dude those trucks are badddddd asssssssssss, i love em....whenever i decide to buy a new truck ima throw a down payment down on one of those

It's a smokin deal. Power everything, steering wheel controls, telescoping steering wheel, 6 spd manual transmission, 4.0 V6, Bilstien Suspension(holds .9G's in the skidpad), low 15 sec 1/4 miles, all for 23K.

and all this time i thought you drove a camry:crazy:

I did drive a sweet camry //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Check it out.

HPIM0261.jpg

HPIM0407.jpg

HPIM0367.jpg

camryxrunnerbasic9oy.jpg

HPIM0215.jpg

HPIM0208.jpg

For now I will use the 5th and 6th channels bridged to power the Arc Audio Flatline.
The MB Quart amp was nice. I ran into this PG ZX950 in a trade for my amp and some drivers I had laying around. I've always wanted that amp, especially in black.
wow looking at the specs that things looks like a monster. aren't the peerless exclusives 8 ohm drivers? if so the mb quart was givin rougly ~125 watts to the peerless, now you going to give it ~37.5 wow thats a huge difference.

Why the RLY instead of the popular RNX CA18?
mounting depth //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif .

nice f*cking neighborhood!...and is that custom paint? what eyar is it etc...basically tell me a bit about it..PM me if you want so you dont have to clog the this thread.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

cam2Xrunner

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
cam2Xrunner
Ca.
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date