Fiberglass under rear seats?

Participant count
  • Participant list

serialplayer
10+ year member

I'm interested in making a new enclosure for my 1992 Camry. I'd like to get some decent bass into the passenger area, and I'm against cutting into the doors, or other metal parts of the car. What I was thinking was utilizing the dead space under the rear seats. If the area could be hollowed out, and a fiberglass enclosure built in that space? I was thinking of a 10" under each side of the rear bench, possibly vented.

In your opinions, would this be feasible? If so, does anyone know where I can look up information for such a project?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Of course not bro, I'm having my car transported to you for install.. You are the only person I would let touch my car on the planet.. Should be...
No reason you couldn't just glue a ring of plywood up under there then paint it with some bedliner or plasti-dip or similar to keep the elements...
Oh come on! Why'd you have to go and tell me the price? Now I'ma start eyeballing them.
When you random through your music library, you know you got your gear dialed in nicely.
https://www.alpine-usa.com/products/subwoofers/truck-enclosures

About this thread

serialplayer

10+ year member
serialplayer
Central Coast, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date