My new Custom 10" built by Resko1

A single soft spider? Why?
That's what was needed to reach the goals for the driver... Not everything requires a med/stiff spider. This guy was built for 1K rms.

If I want something for being loud then i'll build it accordingly.

2" top plate, 2.1" ww coil equals a 1way linear BL (Xmax) of .05" or 1.27mm lol. Beauty though, despite it's lack of linear travel!
I'm thinking that motor carries the same dimensions as a 3HP, so the top plate should be 35mm. If that's the case, the coil being only 10mm shorter than the one found on the AXIS (64mm WW) should give this an Xmax of 5mm less than the rating for the AXIS. Perhaps somewhere in the 25mm neighborhood. I've never seen a CSP in person, though. Just speculation on my part.

I'm thinking that motor carries the same dimensions as a 3HP, so the top plate should be 35mm. If that's the case, the coil being only 10mm shorter than the one found on the AXIS (64mm WW) should give this an Xmax of 5mm less than the rating for the AXIS. Perhaps somewhere in the 25mm neighborhood. I've never seen a CSP in person, though. Just speculation on my part.

You always trying o bust my balls lately???, lol. and we all know the Xmax rating on the standard TC 3HP driver is a 70% BL figure and those figures aren't linear, accepted by the masses yes, linear, no lol. Might not be quite 2" topplate but hardly any coil is protruding so I'mma up my original guesstimate to 4mm one way linear BL!

resko does some nice work
getting better every build thumbs up resko!!

you gonna keep picking on me till I draw a tiny lil ***** on the cone of your axis with a blue sharpie lol :wink:

You always trying o bust my balls lately???, lol. and we all know the Xmax rating on the standard TC 3HP driver is a 70% BL figure and those figures aren't linear, accepted by the masses yes, linear, no lol. Might not be quite 2" topplate but hardly any coil is protruding so I'mma up my original guesstimate to 4mm one way linear BL!
No, buddy. Sorry if I came off that way, lol. Was just thinking out loud, so to speak. But with the dimensions I gave, you would only see 10mm of coil above the top plate. Factor in the adapter plate which looks to be more 10mm thick and you wouldn't see any coil looking at it level from the side, lol. And a 70% BL value has ALWAYS been the accepted industry standard for measuring Xmax. Nothing new, lol. Jus' sayin'. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

you gonna keep picking on me till I draw a tiny lil ***** on the cone of your axis with a blue sharpie lol :wink:
Lulz.
Mercy, mercy. Please don't doodle on my AXIS, lol.

You know I love ya, Phill. By far, one of my favorite guys to talk shop with.

No, buddy. Sorry if I came off that way, lol. Was just thinking out loud, so to speak. But with the dimensions I gave, you would only see 10mm of coil above the top plate. Factor in the adapter plate which looks to be more 10mm thick and you wouldn't see any coil looking at it level from the side, lol. And a 70% BL value has ALWAYS been the accepted industry standard for measuring Xmax. Nothing new, lol. Jus' sayin'. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Okay fine fine, possibly 10mm .8" P-P linear, Resko1, set my LMT down and set us straight on it's geometries lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.