My new battery terminals and agm battery

Ridinhi

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Aug 8, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
Got a new die hard agm form advance auto. Switched out my battery terminals. Got them from GP car audio. Got everything switched over other than my power wire to my amps. Old terminals were where I slide my wire in and tightened with an Allen wrench verses using ring terminals with these. Old 0 gauge was cca wire. This wire is ofc. I’ll go pick up a cooper terminal tomorrow. I see a difference with voltage. Still going to get another alternator. Waiting in my brother to bring my bucket seats so I can get some measurements to get a box plan into play.
077CE7BD-A2FB-49DF-8C18-2DB11B96B7FD.jpeg
077CE7BD-A2FB-49DF-8C18-2DB11B96B7FD.jpeg

Reactions: ThxOne

audioholic

not a moderator
10+ year member
Aug 31, 2003
Parts Unknown
Nice. I like the clamp + setscrew method. Just don't drop a wrench on your batt. ;)

wew lad

wew lad inc
Mar 22, 2015
VA
Doesn't hurt to just tape or tape over some sort of cover over the positive (no need for the negative). I've used similar terminals for nearly 5?+ years and I think I only slightly arced once when using a wrench and it was positive terminal to the body due to carelessness. If I was better with 3d models I'd design a cover and print it in ABS or something.

Reactions: Ridinhi and JakeW

audioholic

not a moderator
10+ year member
Aug 31, 2003
Parts Unknown
A simpler method would be plasti-dip with a non conductive material draped over the connector. A printed one would probably look better tho.

Popwarhomie

10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010
FL
A simpler method would be plasti-dip with a non conductive material draped over the connector. A printed one would probably look better tho.
This^^^ What I did with my bussbars.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Newest threads

Latest classifieds