My latest problem....HELP

Participant count
  • Participant list

BumpThat93
10+ year member

Biggie Smalls
Philly
ok, ever since the winter weather has come around my subs have been acting weird. heres what theyre doin....like one minute they will be pounding nice and hard and all the sudden they will stop hitting as hard and it keeps switching back and forth from hitting hard to lightening up. i toggled the crossover in my head unit to 80 hz from 63. i doubt that is whats causing the problem because my subs seemed to hit harder once i made the switch. also, all my connections are good i had them looked at by a professional installer. could this problem be caused by the cold weather? i always let my subs warm up for about 15 minutes before i turn the volume up to let them scream. and i am also running my stock battery and alternator. please reply if you have any ideas!!! peace.

drew

Caps serve their purpose but really dont do too much. If you dont have the proper tools I would go to a professional installer and get your electrical system checked. In particular if your battery is putting out the voltage and if your alt is functioning properly.

I live in the deep south were the coldest Ive ever seen it all my ?? years was a few years ago when it hit 9 degrees. Anyway I have heard that cold weather does effect batteries. It cheap thing to do but well worth it.

Whether your headlights dim or not really isnt the problem mine do, and that never hurt anything. The cap really does help on your battery's part. Try not using the x-over and see if the problem is still there. If it is get your amp checkd out sounds like a blown power supply.

Dj Magic

i was thinking about putting an optima yellow top in my car. will this do the trick? will i have to change my alternator too?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.