my integra: what to do? (poll)

What should I do with my car?

• Total voters
well the silverado isn't mine yet, my grandpa says he's gonna give it to me when I graduate college for a project vehicle. it's got like 250k on it but I can always do a motor build along with a system. but he said I could start doin door speakers and and simple **** like that whenever I wanted. I've got the title so I know it aint goin anywhere lol
nice

but back to the point, a small setup in a performance based vehicle would be nice. just make it easily removable if you take it to the track or for street racin it
thats what I was thinking. no street racing though. my parents pay my insurance and Id like to keep it that way for a while //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif. maybe a little auto x would be fun though.

Well, you could do a nice SQ setup in it, and as for "performance" just do simple intake, headers and a modest exhaust, not that 4" bumble bee ********. If you still feel like throwing away money, you could always "jay dee em" it, then slam and negative camber it. Integra's do look pretty nice slammed, and scraping... But to honestly make it any sort of "fast" you might as well start over with a DSM or a better starting platform.
nice sq setup means deadening, and deadening means heavy. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

when/ if I do the exhaust itll definitely be something quiet and deep. I know it won't be "fast" compared to what some people think, but 200ish hp ought to make it get up and go enough for my wants

man, performance stuff just makes problems with a car, if it ain't broke don't fix it. get some subs you'll be happy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
stock suspension has 135,000 miles on it and counting. the shocks should go out soon. my father owns a goodyear, so I can get free alignments ftw! the engine upgrade is questionable, but itd definitely be nice

Single 10" or 12" in the spare tire well, tweets in the pillars, midranges in kicks, midbasses in doors //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Integras tend to lend themselves to 3-way very easily.

Single 10" or 12" in the spare tire well, tweets in the pillars, midranges in kicks, midbasses in doors //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Integras tend to lend themselves to 3-way very easily.
Lol, you said 3-way.

boost the ls motor. and do the standard bolt ons like someone already said. they are not fast cars so you know. but if thats what you wanna do. then have fun with it.
I dont want to have to worry about the reliability of boost. plus, it would probably be more expensive than the motor swap. fast means different things to different people. a couple extra ponies would make me happy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

What are you going to do to get 200hp out of it?
h22a or f20b swap. that should get me between 190ish-200ish

dude u should do ls vtec or a b18c swap. and get some eibach lowering springs.
ls vtec is often unreliable and requires machine work which I dont want to mess with

b18c's are overpriced

eibach lowering springs are gay on integras. they are the same height so it makes the car sit unlevel

Ill probably be going with H&R sport springs

H22 is gonna be just as expensive as boost.

Id look into boosting it....they make soooo much power and are veryyy reliable.

You could easily get 250-275 outta it with a simple kit...AFI or Peakboost, both about 2400ish total.

Than Hondata and a tune for another 1000 and ur set.....cheaper than both those swaps

H22 is gonna be just as expensive as boost.
Id look into boosting it....they make soooo much power and are veryyy reliable.

You could easily get 250-275 outta it with a simple kit...AFI or Peakboost, both about 2400ish total.

Than Hondata and a tune for another 1000 and ur set.....cheaper than both those swaps
Ive always heard the exact opposite about boost. even the stock turbo on my brothers mkIII supra has been a pain in the ass for him

for boost according to you is gonna run what? $3400ish with the tune and all

for the h22 Id be looking into $1300ish for the motor, $750 for the h2b kit, another $100 or so for a vtec ecu. A couple hundrend for urethane bushings for the motor mount, wiring tuning, etc. Then Id be able to get about $600 for my ls motor. Id be around $1000-$1500 cheaper than boost.

i'd go with a b16 headswap or b18c swap. H22 is a lot of work
h2b kits make it a ton easier. With the kit the motor will drop right in to the b-series mounts, and use the b-series tranny. Id have to do some wiring and put in a different ecu, and thatd be about it. not hard at all

Ive always heard the exact opposite about boost. even the stock turbo on my brothers mkIII supra has been a pain in the ass for him
for boost according to you is gonna run what? $3400ish with the tune and all

for the h22 Id be looking into $1300ish for the motor, $750 for the h2b kit, another $100 or so for a vtec ecu. A couple hundrend for urethane bushings for the motor mount, wiring tuning, etc. Then Id be able to get about $600 for my ls motor. Id be around $1000-$1500 cheaper than boost.
Its all in the tuning on how reliable they are...but Hondas are easyyyy to run reliable, especially with only about 250hp, which is what youre looking for.

I mean those turbo kits are pretty good, you could piece together one cheaper and make about the same and alwaysss make more hp when ready.

Just my opinion....good luck.

If you wanna stay allmotor, just slap on a Vtec head...youll be about the same as a H22 in power and cost prolly half at most

I'd either do a 3-way front stage set up and 6ch amp, or a 2-way front stage with mids in kicks and tweets in a-pillars, one 8 or 10 sealed and a small 5ch. Add 20-30 pounds at most. Hell, I'm selling my 5ch buy mine!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

allout13

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
allout13
Georgia
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies