My horn install; Hits 150+ deebeez

rc10mike
10+ year member

I b sippin on sizzurp
I had a few goals in mind while doing the install.

Modify the car as little as possible.

Keep trunk space.

Mount all horns in the same direction.

Keep compressor noise to a minimum.

Have an air gauge up front.

Keep it stealth!

It took me 3 days, 8 hours a day and then some to finally finish.

The car:

01.jpg

The horns:

My main goal here was to have them pointing in the same direction. Fitting all 4 horns into the space I had was tedious. I didnt want any horns to be visible below the car, so I had to make sure the longest horn was mounted as high as it could go without affecting the hood closing properly. So I made some L-brackets to mount the 2 longest horns. The other 2 horns are secured by giant zip ties. The air valve is secured to a frame piece with bolts and lock-nuts. The best part is, I didnt even have to take the bumper off to install them!

P1000708.jpg

Underside view:

Here is a view from under the car. All horns are out of view.

P1000709.jpg

The air tank:

The air tank was another issue...I wanted to mount it where it would take up the LEAST trunk space. It took me a while to find the right spot where the mounting bolts would go directly through the trunk and not through a support beam!

P1000725.jpg

Another shot with my TC Sounds LMS Ultra 15: (now have FP12's)

P1000726.jpg

The compressor:

This gave me the most issues. I didnt want to hear/feel compressor noise. So mounting under the trunk was the only option. I had to order a longer leader hose to reach the air tank. I also had to buy the Viair bracket. I acquired some vibration isolators (made for aircraft engines) to mount the compressor. After this, I can barely tell its on!

P1000722.jpg

The air gauge:

I took extra care when installing the air gauge. I chose an Autometer gauge for reliability. I then wired in a switch that controls the gauge lighting as well as the compressor.

P1000723.jpg

Overall Im happy with how it turned out. I have the air valve wired to the stock horn for now. Running the 1/2in air line from the trunk to the front was a PITA, same for the air gauge. Nothing about this install was easy, but in the end, all my goals were met!

what horns are you running now? I ran a pair of vair 380 compressors, a 5 gallon tank, and a set of seige engineering kong horns last year for while, They were almost as loud as my buddies real train horns (k5la's). I want some more, but not sure what to get this time, seige engineering no longer has a web site or ebay store. They were built real good, and sound was just right, and very loud, all 1/2" lines and valves

how much does something like that cost? i would laugh my *** off blasting that thing at the crosswalk at work...
Anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple g's

why did you want your horns so loud.
For fun

what horns are you running now? I ran a pair of vair 380 compressors, a 5 gallon tank, and a set of seige engineering kong horns last year for while, They were almost as loud as my buddies real train horns (k5la's). I want some more, but not sure what to get this time, seige engineering no longer has a web site or ebay store. They were built real good, and sound was just right, and very loud, all 1/2" lines and valves
I bought the Shocker 540 kit from hornblasters.com, Im thinking about getting an K3 or K5 soon.

i looked at those when i bought those kongs, and the kongs were rated at 200psi, with the 5g tank, so i went with it and just bought an extra compressor. It was all under my expedition. How do the shockers rate to real horns? I wish i would not have traded my others. Now its pain in *** finding some as good as I had

Anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple g's

For fun

I bought the Shocker 540 kit from hornblasters.com, Im thinking about getting an K3 or K5 soon.
I run the same setup on my bagged S10. I swapped to a SMC 3/8s valve and I run 200psi daily and 400 at shows(nitrogen). Never have any problems and they are loud as hell.

All around fun..driving around town, your local mall, train crossings, football games, Halloween...almost any event..haha

I just dont see what the fun is in that pissing people off....meh, I am sure I just pissed you off with that statement, lol!

Build of it all looks clean as hell though, give you that much. Car looks in fantastic shape as well.

Deer and horses (espescially horses) hate them as well... scared a deer last night w/ mine and he was full speed running and jumped into a fence instead of over it... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

Its probably is illegal, but I use it wisely. I respect old people enough not to honk and scare them, but groups of punks with their pants below their *** I have no problem scaring them, and no I havent been shot at yet.

Deer and horses (espescially horses) hate them as well... scared a deer last night w/ mine and he was full speed running and jumped into a fence instead of over it... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif
Why would you wanna fuck with someones horses. I understand deer but what did the horses do asshole.

Its probably is illegal, but I use it wisely. I respect old people enough not to honk and scare them, but groups of punks with their pants below their *** I have no problem scaring them, and no I havent been shot at yet.
That makes you the punk who blows his horns at people that he wrongfully and unjustly judging based off appearances. You definitely are not christian or anything. You must be athiest.

Why would you wanna fuck with someones horses. I understand deer but what did the horses do asshole.

That makes you the punk who blows his horns at people that he wrongfully and unjustly judging based off appearances. You definitely are not christian or anything. You must be athiest.
Ten.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

rc10mike

10+ year member
I b sippin on sizzurp
rc10mike
Jacksonville, Fl
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date