my fu sounds great now i figured it out..

Good to hear you are getting that sub to serve some justice. Glad to hear you removing those rear speakers at the least if not sealing them off.Sharing the same air space as that sub,and eventually they would have gotten damaged and or trashed.All the better to get some more lows into that cabin location as well.It doesnt hurt to even sit in the drive way and play your system from time to time as well, and get more familiar with it also.You will find that taking time to listening more finds you to tuning to your liking even more and worth the effort.No need to drive anywhere:)

Good to hear you are getting that sub to serve some justice. Glad to hear you removing those rear speakers at the least if not sealing them off.Sharing the same air space as that sub,and eventually they would have gotten damaged and or trashed.All the better to get some more lows into that cabin location as well.It doesnt hurt to even sit in the drive way and play your system from time to time as well, and get more familiar with it also.You will find that taking time to listening more finds you to tuning to your liking even more and worth the effort.No need to drive anywhere:)
yeah thing on that is i don't wanta kill battery as i did twice when i 1st got hu (new batt now) but still and i have to make this 13 yr old car last until i die so don't want to run it more than i have to lol..

yeah thing on that is i don't wanta kill battery as i did twice when i 1st got hu (new batt now) but still and i have to make this 13 yr old car last until i die so don't want to run it more than i have to lol..
You have a 200amp battery charger??//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i tried it with towels around box whats weird is it sounded great at idle but lost almost 1/2 the bass when driving down the road wtf? is that just diff in air coming into car or something? also noticed it really didn't stop many rattles, which shocked me cause biggest problem with trunk is the lid is also back of trunk so sub just trys to rip lid off car.. i'll try to do another video tomorrow so u can see how is looks and here rattles.. kinda doubt even 3 more sheets of mat will stop lid rattle maybe cut out 20%, need more gp mat 250mil thick it's great but not cheap..
Filled the trunk lid with spray foam. Helped me out a ton.

i tried it with towels around box whats weird is it sounded great at idle but lost almost 1/2 the bass when driving down the road wtf? is that just diff in air coming into car or something? also noticed it really didn't stop many rattles, which shocked me cause biggest problem with trunk is the lid is also back of trunk so sub just trys to rip lid off car.. i'll try to do another video tomorrow so u can see how is looks and here rattles.. kinda doubt even 3 more sheets of mat will stop lid rattle maybe cut out 20%, need more gp mat 250mil thick it's great but not cheap..
because it might have moved around while driving. The goal of sealing off the trunk is to not have ANY i repeat not even a tiny speck of sound coming back into the trunk. Absolutely nothing. Meaning towels is not enough, you'll need to seal off your rear deck completely too. Literally make an air tight enclosure out of your trunk not letting anything back in. Thats when people actually gain and thats when its a proper trunk wall. Or else its just subs firing forward positioned away from the trunk lid means horrible loading.

Extra deadener wont do anything if you already have some on. Like Jordon said, great stuff spray foam red can would be the solution to these rattles along with shoving foam ANYWHERE i mean ANYWHERE that plastic or metal surfaces might touch or vibrate against eachother. ANYWHERE. you need to pinpoint and kill each spot. This is why I feel trunk cars are complete trash for loud bass. Unless you wall them.

because it might have moved around while driving. The goal of sealing off the trunk is to not have ANY i repeat not even a tiny speck of sound coming back into the trunk. Absolutely nothing. Meaning towels is not enough, you'll need to seal off your rear deck completely too. Literally make an air tight enclosure out of your trunk not letting anything back in. Thats when people actually gain and thats when its a proper trunk wall. Or else its just subs firing forward positioned away from the trunk lid means horrible loading.
Extra deadener wont do anything if you already have some on. Like Jordon said, great stuff spray foam red can would be the solution to these rattles along with shoving foam ANYWHERE i mean ANYWHERE that plastic or metal surfaces might touch or vibrate against eachother. ANYWHERE. you need to pinpoint and kill each spot. This is why I feel trunk cars are complete trash for loud bass. Unless you wall them.
yeah i may try it again later if it still sounds good firing forward at idle, i'd just have to mat the rear deck and maybe get wider box to make it easier to seal it.. well see how it does next few weeks as is..

yesterday i pulled sub back farther like darth recommended didn't really do anything so today i flipped it so port is on right (just like in avatar) but 6" farther back than it was and it's much louder... sounds like i added 300rms or something, weird.. i had it other side since i glued it didn't see reason to move (and my backs been killing me) i have dta set on hu telling it i'm on drivers side is it possible thats y it's louder with port on passenger side or is it just the car?.. hitting pretty good now i may just stick with what i got a while sub will probably get louder as i drive more was thinking of going to smaller box/port but maybe ok as is, wish i could get it metered..

yesterday i pulled sub back farther like darth recommended didn't really do anything so today i flipped it so port is on right (just like in avatar) but 6" farther back than it was and it's much louder... sounds like i added 300rms or something, weird.. i had it other side since i glued it didn't see reason to move (and my backs been killing me) i have dta set on hu telling it i'm on drivers side is it possible thats y it's louder with port on passenger side or is it just the car?.. hitting pretty good now i may just stick with what i got a while sub will probably get louder as i drive more was thinking of going to smaller box/port but maybe ok as is, wish i could get it metered..
Time alignment wont do shi*t for output. Closer to thr trunk means less phase cancellation meaning your bass waves arent fighting each other

Time alignment wont do shi*t for output. Closer to thr trunk means less phase cancellation meaning your bass waves arent fighting each other
yeah i'm just saying with port on the other side it didn't matter how far back box was to rear sounded about the same..

Passenger window down + anything 35hz down is just gain city for me. Glad you're getting it sorted.
omg man sub getting louder now especially when i just start car at 15.1v only drops to 14.5-14.5 playing system can't believe its same sub/box i had 2 weeks ago.. wish i had a meter..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.