my fu sounds great now i figured it out..

BOOMINGRANDPA
5,000+ posts

WOLFRAM FTW
NC
instead of telling about it on other threads i thought i'd make 1 about it cause i was so upset about the glue issue., i didn't want anyone to think fu isn't good.. #1 i removed rear deck cover and rear speakers and found a square hole between speakers too just had to cut insulation pad (i think hole was for a monsoon amp that i didn't get) so now i have 3 holes in rear deck to allow bass into car better since new box is taller than last 1 and it helped alot.. #2 i drove 30 miles out of town last week so sub actually got mostly broke in (u guys don't understand i only drive like 300miles per month last month was 215 miles, so it takes me a while to get stuff figured out between 5 min trips) #3 just today i found that i had band 1 on eq at -3 which is 63hz and i've been saying bass just dies after 45hz so after i put it at 0 sounds tons better.. #4 i think it was @Mayhem told me last week that his system is louder with passenger window down and i thought that wouldn't help me cause i smoke so i have windows down alot.. on the way home today i put just the passenger window down and omg i'm not kidding i had to turn sub remote down i was shocked at the difference.. so power i have is fine and i guess box has worked out good too, never know i may get tad smaller one made next yr but it's plenty loud..

Do you seats fold down? Firing towards trunk?
yeah i always have seats down, firing rear.. looks just like darths avatar except my box is mostly all under the rear deck not as far back cause his box is 1.5cf bigger..

You..... are still gonna talk about your amp and sub in every other thread on here.2ohm power lives matter!
omg lol those white letter kill me, still don't know how ya'll do any of that., as u all know i can barely type correctly as is.. i was just trying to condense what i've done over past week in 1 place.. now i just need ton of mat.. but that'll have to wait my back is killing me from pulling speakers and getting up leaves as is.. i adjusted hu between doc appts today and won't drive again for 3 day probably so like i said tuning takes more time when only doing it 2 times a week..

Flip it around and seal off the trunk see if you gain.
i tried it with towels around box whats weird is it sounded great at idle but lost almost 1/2 the bass when driving down the road wtf? is that just diff in air coming into car or something? also noticed it really didn't stop many rattles, which shocked me cause biggest problem with trunk is the lid is also back of trunk so sub just trys to rip lid off car.. i'll try to do another video tomorrow so u can see how is looks and here rattles.. kinda doubt even 3 more sheets of mat will stop lid rattle maybe cut out 20%, need more gp mat 250mil thick it's great but not cheap..

yeah i always have seats down, firing rear.. looks just like darths avatar except my box is mostly all under the rear deck not as far back cause his box is 1.5cf bigger..
My box is pinned up against the rear deck so I can’t even move it if I wanted ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.