My Fotoblog

One question for you, why did you place the mic for the rta on the ceiling. The best position would have been at the driver's headrest if tuning for you or a mike at both headrest then sum if trying to tune for both seats.

One question for you, why did you place the mic for the rta on the ceiling. The best position would have been at the driver's headrest if tuning for you or a mike at both headrest then sum if trying to tune for both seats.
I'm tuning for both seats... we just wanted the mic to be an equal distance from the left and right speakers. Just somewhere on the mirroring plane of the car. Within the next few days we'll do another full-on RTA with the mic in the right spot between the headrests and possibly EQ each side as opposed to EQing both.

Still to come are pictures (tomorrow) and upholstering the kicks (within a few days) and i think that will be it for my car! woot

the subs may even be loud enough as it is, without the second amp, but depending on repair estimates i'll decide another day.

FTW

GCA

Hello.

Been a couple days since we've finished.... I think it's Time.

img07865jj.jpg

ground block mounted on right side of the box

img07875lw.jpg

sound processor and power block mounted on left side of the box

img07888ix.jpg

mdf spacer so we can run all of our wires between the amp rack and sub box

img07913zw.jpg

all of the wires are ran and poking out of their little holes, and all wood in place.

img07907yh.jpg

screwing down the wood. we put two screws into each of the top pieces through the 6x9 holes as well.

img07935xa.jpg

mounted amplifiers and my mom's helping us vacuum it up

img07940yw.jpg

finished.

now all you need is a trim peice to cover your split boarded back..... lol what are you kids thinking..muhahaha lol runs away like a girl................

Looks awesome, bet its sounding pretty dam nice nice too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif.

If ya decide you want some darker carpet on the kicks...hit me up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

lol when you come up to ft wayne for the show stay at my house and bring 20 bucks for nick-nack stuff we will get that lookin sweetier than it already does

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

GCAdidas13

10+ year member
heh.
GCAdidas13
Grove City, OH
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date