New here, speakers sound horrible

Participant count
  • Participant list

babynsx

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum, so far, I like what I see. Lot of clean rides and systems. On to my problem.... I have never experienced this, wondering if anyone else has. I have a 95 Acura Integra, running a JVC KDHDW10, nothing special, got is as a gift couple years back. My problem is when I use my SIRIUS radio, the rear speakers sound like they are underwater(best way I can describe the sound). This only occurs when you use the sat. radio, not the am/fm, not the ipod, not a cd. If I fade to the front speakers, they are clear. I can hear voices clearly from the back speakers, its just the mids that seem to be distorted. The only thing I can come up with is that its because I am using the FM transmitter that is built into the SIRIUS. I have had my highs hooked to 2 different amps and they still do it. Any suggestions?

sounds like fm interference, try a different channel on the sirius, if you can. now, you say that the head unit speakers play just fine, it's just bad sound to the amps? check how the rcas are run, and make sure it's not shared with the antennae...

I was thinking interferance as well, I changed it about 10 times, from strong signal to weak, still the same. I even unhooked the amp and ran the speakers straight off the unit to cancel out the amp possibilities. I guess I might need to try a diff. deck to see if the unit itself is causing the problems.

sorry, to further answer your question, the front speakers sound fine, hooked up to the deck or hooked to the amp. Its just the 6x9s that sound severly distorted, on the amp or on the deck, they are still bad. I am using the factory wiring when hooked up to the deck, using high gauge wiring when on the amp and it does it on both, so I dont think the wiring is an issue. Its driving me insane though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.