My Focal K2 165 KR's STINK!

SloFaust

Slo
Well they don't exactly stink but they are not worth the price tag! I have a pair of Focal K2 Power 165 KR's. They are excellent for music like Skrillex and vocal track's but not a fan of how they sound with rock or rap. Lower volumes are not much to right home about either.

I am looking to replace these 6.5" component's with something else, better, and CHEAPER! Any idea's? Was thinking about the Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" component's.

I have them hooked to a JL Audio Slash 300/4v2 in bridged mode with the gain down to push them at around 90 watt rms. Like I said with certain music genres they are awesome but lacking on other's. I have the Focal K2 130 KRC's that I think sound way better across a wider range. So I don't know?

I have them mounted in my large E-250 van solid walnut panel where the LCD is located. There is actually a sealed padded compartment behind each speaker. I thought I might need a signal processor for the large area I am dealing with but I am not sure.

They just might not have the sound you like. I heard a set of K2's with the upgrade kit several years ago, wasn't impressed at all for, especially for the money he spent.

I always recommend that people listen to speakers before making a purchase vs getting feedback on websites. Nobody can tell you what your ears like.

What exactly doesn't sound right about them? Might be able to do some tweaking to get them sounding better...

I have them hooked to a JL Audio Slash 300/4v2 in bridged mode with the gain down to push them at around 90 watt rms. Like I said with certain music genres they are awesome but lacking on other's. I have the Focal K2 130 KRC's that I think sound way better across a wider range. So I don't know?
2-way external crossover with 3 tweeter levels, 2 tweeter slopes, and 2 midrange level settings

2-ohm impedance

power range: 6-80 watts RMS (160 watts peak power)frequency response: 70-20,000 Hz

These things I put in red are the reason you are having issues. Likely giving too much power and way below recomemded freq response...

They just sound flat and not as crisp as I would like at times. I don't want a bright/harsh sound either. My ear's are just saying they should be better.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.