My first multi sub build. 2 18s!!!!

thericanballer
10+ year member

God Bless You
Orlando, FL
well, i had the xl 15 for a while and decided to go bigger. i ordered two 18 lvl 4s with 5 coils. pics of beginnings will be posted tomorrow. and birch will be bought tomorrow as well. should be fun. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

box design was by my friend theAnswer here on ca.com. the actual speaker box design was him on the the pix below, the little ****** looking platform attached was me...:/ i no i **** at sketchup

Last edited by a moderator:
Woot woot, should be nice man..
thanks man. i decided not to do what you did. i just did a normal box. when i went to lowes to get the wood cut they screwed it up so i left went to home depot and they did the same thing. so im just going again tomorrow buying two panels and getting a carpenter to cut them precisely. ill be building this saturday or even tomorrow. cant wait

100_0943.jpg

100_0944.jpg

100_0948.jpg

100_0949.jpg

100_0950.jpg

100_0952.jpg

100_0953.jpg

100_0956.jpg

I see you split one of your MDF braces. You should have doubled up on the strips of MDF since they're not very stong on their own(unless you have them glued/screw where they cross, which will help keep them from flexing).

Nice subs though.

Very nice bro.
thanks brett

looks good man
gracias amigo

I see you split one of your MDF braces. You should have doubled up on the strips of MDF since they're not very stong on their own(unless you have them glued/screw where they cross, which will help keep them from flexing).
Nice subs though.
yah i did. all the braces are held together with each other. if that makes any sense. like, all the places where the seem to touch, they are screwed together. also, im siliconing the whole thing

whats it going in? whats powering em? And specs on the box?
Looking good, and DC is tha shit
wow havent seen you in a while. its going in my jeep cherokee. for right now im powering them with my aq2200 untill crescendo starts sending out the 3.5ks. the box exactly 12cubes after bracing and subs tuned to 32.

and yes dc is the shit

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.