My Budget System in my 2007 Ranger [Pics]

southtownatl
10+ year member

First off i bought this 2007 Ford Ranger XL with a 2.3L 4cyl w/ 5sped Manaul.

Picture%20001.jpg

look at the miles i have put on since August 31st

IMG_0734.JPG

since i bought the cheapest ranger you could buy, well it came with a shitty shitty ass stereo so we had to beaf that up.

so we started off with replacing the factory cd player with an ALPINE CDA-9856

for more info on the deck click here

IMG_0735.JPG

then afterwards i went and replaced all the original factory 6x8s in the doors and behind the seats with new kenwood speakers

Front Doors: Kenwood 5.25" 3ways click here for info

Rear Speakers: Kenwood 6x8" 2ways click here for info

this worked great for bringing out high volume mids and highs now i needed some low end.

so i purchased an amp and sub.

IMG_0727.JPG

Amp is a Kicker zx150.2 Stereo Amp click here for info

Sub is a 8" Polk Audio MOMO click here for info

then built a box for them behind them to go behind the seat of my ranger. so i went with a .4 cubic foot box with an extention to mount my amp. all the wiring was ran underneath the flooring and behind the panels.

im waiting for the guy that does the uphostery work to get the same carpet that is used in my truck. then we are gonna wrap the box with the same tan carpet to give it a factory blend.

IMG_0736.JPG

IMG_0737.JPG

this system has only cost me a total of $950 after taxes and all the wiring. Gives good volume with a nice sound quality for all types of music. Really performing great with rock and techno. Its not alot of bass just enough to fill the cab and let you know its there.

around christmas i am getting the windows tinted and a alarm system with remote start added.

Looks good, nice to see someone else with a ranger //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

How'd you end up mounting those 5.25s? Did you build a piece for it or anything?

Looks good man! You did a pretty good job for the space you have. How does that Momo sound?
The momo sounds great nice and tight in that sealed box, the box is glued together then screwed, and the entire inside is covered with silicone sealer.

some guy told me i couldnt get good sound with so little room, he said the only thing that would fit is a 10" shallow mount pioneer (which they sound like crap) so i went with a 8 for tight sound, fills the cab quite nice.

nice, where did all that driving come from?
I drive around atlanta all the time for my job, from one client to another. I got rid of my old F150 for this truck. My Old F150 was $70 every 2 days in gas, this is $30 a week, alot better.

looks good....welcome to the forum:bigwave:
thanks alot, was at caraudioforum.com and they just wanted to hate on everything i did, said i paid to much for crappy sound.

Looks good, nice to see someone else with a ranger //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
How'd you end up mounting those 5.25s? Did you build a piece for it or anything?
used the mounting bracket from crutchfield for the 5.25s

holy fu**, you drive a lot...
hows it sound?
really performs great with techno, rock, and pop. hip hop and rap dont sound bad either.

Nice and clean. Good write up. But da*n you drive alot.
yep i know, right now of today its got 8400 on it, when i bought it had 13 miles to start with.

I've put so many miles on my ranger its pathetic. Had it since last august, and I'm up to 21k miles, in just a little over a year. Brought it brand new with 24 miles on it.

I've put so many miles on my ranger its pathetic. Had it since last august, and I'm up to 21k miles, in just a little over a year. Brought it brand new with 24 miles on it.
Yeah i know the feeling my old truck was a 95 Ford F150 XL Ext Cab (222,000 Miles) and its still out in my yard, runs great, it was in a wreck, a bad one, and well we fixed it up and its back on the road running strong & and looking well different.

DSC_00004.jpg

IMG_0282.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg

IMG_0298.jpg

if you look real hard in the rear window you can see the solobaric l5 peaking out

Nice setup you got there. Its always nice to see people create sweet systems with limited space. Specs of the enclosure?

Check out my sig whenever you get the chance. And welcome to the forum //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.