My Big 3 *Pics* Few questions

Nevalite
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Canada
Hey everyone,

So today I got around to doing my Big 3. I did it all my 1/0 AWG Kicker Hyperflex. Let me know what you think:

DSC00835.jpg

DSC00836.jpg

DSC00837.jpg

DSC00838.jpg

This reading is with the car off (no alt)

DSC00839.jpg

I left some of the stock wires on but I figured it doesnt matter because the electricity will take the path of least resistance. The only thing I was wondering about was if it mattered if the new wires were above the old wires on the battery terminals, should I have the 0 AWG as the first ring terminals sitting on the battery terminals or does it not matter?

Also how could I test that my big 3 is working? I tested the resistance of my ground spots to my battery negative and it gives the same reading as when I touch the two ends of the DMM together (0.05 Ohms) So I know they are good, any other tests I could do to?

What do you guys think?

Clean your chassis to ground, looks really rusty on the engine..
I sanded it down completely underneath the ring terminal, it only looks rusty around, where it makes contact its shiny bare metal.

I left some of the stock wires on but I figured it doesnt matter because the electricity will take the path of least resistance. The only thing I was wondering about was if it mattered if the new wires were above the old wires on the battery terminals, should I have the 0 AWG as the first ring terminals sitting on the battery terminals or does it not matter?
Also how could I test that my big 3 is working? I tested the resistance of my ground spots to my battery negative and it gives the same reading as when I touch the two ends of the DMM together (0.05 Ohms) So I know they are good, any other tests I could do to?
What about these questions?

Spray paint the places you sanded down... Don't want holes in the sheet metal. Rust FTL.
Yeah I was about to go do that, should I prime it and then spray it or just put like 2 coats of spray? I'm gonna cover up the ring terminals and wire with tape before I spray.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.