My Amps -> They Keep Shutting Down! *tears*

Participant count
  • Participant list

bigbootyjj

The amp brand is called Autotek and the last few years their amps have just started "closing" after I would turn them on with my switch (I buy them in pairs). So I uninstalled bought/reinstalled another pair. After another 6 months, they both shut down again! Eventually one turned on again but the first plugged-in won't. So - just like the previous pair - I have the same situation of Autotek amp shutting down upon switch :-( Again this is upon MONTHS after working just fine of working perfectly okay. Is this the fault of the (Autoteks 4000 Watt Mono Amplifier Class D 1 Ohm Monoblock MMA4000.1D), the subs Aluminum Alloy Cone Subwoofer Driver) or the stereo (Sony Car Stereo 45X4)? I don't know. I want to know who or what is at fault. I kind of assume it is the company of "Autotek" that is bad but not sure. Here's a quick vid if you need it. Opinion? Please be share you're opinion as I'm in favor of anything I have....

The amp brand is called Autotek and the last few years their amps have just started "closing" after I would turn them on with my switch (I buy them in pairs). So I uninstalled bought/reinstalled another pair. After another 6 months, they both shut down again! Eventually one turned on again but the first plugged-in won't. So - just like the previous pair - I have the same situation of Autotek amp shutting down upon switch :-( Again this is upon MONTHS after working just fine of working perfectly okay. Is this the fault of the (Autoteks 4000 Watt Mono Amplifier Class D 1 Ohm Monoblock MMA4000.1D), the subs Aluminum Alloy Cone Subwoofer Driver) or the stereo (Sony Car Stereo 45X4)? I don't know. I want to know who or what is at fault. I kind of assume it is the company of "Autotek" that is bad but not sure. Here's a quick vid if you need it. Opinion? Please be share you're opinion as I'm in favor of anything I have....
Here's a quick link video Post showing exact how it's set-up with 0-gauge wire, 1-ohms, 70-amp fuses, etc.

Voltage problem. Your amps produce a lot of wattage and yet only 1 battery to run them. Need like 1-2 more. Do you have a HO alt?

I'm also wondering what looks like jumper cables hooked up in your trunk from the vid. Why is that?

Also I noticed your gain is set about 1 o'clock position on working amp---that's too high imo.

Did you set your gains properly?

Also might add....putting amps on a sub enclosure is such a bad idea, due to vibrations from subs can damage internal amps.

I have 3 total batteries, there is one in the front of the car (for jump), one underneath (main), and the one in the video was and added 12V AGM for more battery support. The jumper cables were just there for 1.5V charge while playing music with lights in the car on and not running the car in a garage and killing myself lol.

Now your second point does make sense...I've always set them on box and been told this was the norm. I was never told this before that this damages amps through vibrations //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

I have 3 total batteries, there is one in the front of the car (for jump), one underneath (main), and the one in the video was and added 12V AGM for more battery support. The jumper cables were just there for 1.5V charge while playing music with lights in the car on and not running the car in a garage and killing myself lol.
Now your second point does make sense...I've always set them on box and been told this was the norm. I was never told this before that this damages amps through vibrations //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
Good way to test it is next time your system is playing good, turn it up to a little more than moderate level. Then rest your forehead on the sub enclosure. Then tell me that's normal. lol

I'm not being a **** about it but a lot of us here know. No one told you because they don't know any better and weren't told about it or ignored it. It's been a proven fact in the past years.

Re: Amplifier keeps shutting down on me!?

3 common reasons an amp will shut down--

1. gain on max and ****** electical that cant support it

2. impedence load amp cant handle

3.bad ground

quoted from kr15 so I was on the right track. Looks like you got some work to do.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.