My 1st 4th order BP, single C2 Audio Threatcon-2 15

So I thought I would try a 4th order bandpass build. I am using the same sub I had before in a 3.5 cubes ported enclosure tuned at 34hz. Single C2 Audio Threatcon-2 15 dual 4ohm VC.

So I built this one. Specs are 2 cubes sealed, 3.5 ported at 45-46hz with a 50" of port area.

Forgot to get a picture after I rounded off all the edges.

SOB is heavy!!

Crappy night pics.

Sounds amazing!!! Very loud. Old setup hit a 137.9 sealed at the dash. Going to meter this and report back.

Thanks for looking.

Looks nice, and how about the output performance, is it better? Is it worth all that work?
It is, its much louder to the ear-o-meter but I will find out on the actual termlab soon to update if it increased. Lows respond much better. Still sounds great with all music.

how did you put the box together? Nail gun? I see the sealed side panel is screwed for access' date=' but the rest???[/quote']
Yes, sealed side with screws and the rest of the enclosure is brad nailed with 2" nails. Its hard to see with the roundover. Here is a cropped pic.

Looks great!!
Thanks. Can't wait to meter it.

Little bummed on the meter, lost a DB, down to 136.2 but at 40hz.

Overall its a ton louder hitting the lows, maybe its the 1.8:1 ratio where I am getting good bandwidth but not hitting high hz for the meter.

Either way, I love the way it sounds, it is a low end monster! The ear-o-meter is much better than the term-lab haha.

What kind of power did you have on it? What do you think I could meter on 2 type r 15's I'm a 4th with an Aq2200 at .50 ohm? I've never seen anything get metered. By ear I think I'm pretty loud but I can only compare that to just a few systems my friends have had

I have it on a Shark 2500 at 2 ohm, set the gains with a voltmeter and set it at about 800-900 watts. Meter depends on many factors; car, ported, sealed, power, frequency. Many things that I can't tell you a good answer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.