Mazda MPV BOOM! BOOM! Build aka: Minivan Pimpin

PHAT BOi
10+ year member

Finally got all equipment ordered and the box is built.

Equipment List:

Source: Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Mids/Highs: 2 Lanzar OPTI8MI 8" pro audio mids/ 2 Crescendo FT1 super tweets

Mids/Highs Amps: MTX Thunder 1004 (w/ 1/0 inputs) bridged 2 x 4 ohms (380 x 2)/ Denon DCA-500 (50 x 2)

Custom lime green fiberglass door pods by Backyard Customs

Subs: 2 Sundown Audio Zv.4 12 D2

Sub Amp: Ampere Audio AA-3800.1D w/ Dual Inputs @ .5 daily

Electrical: Stock 100 amp alt, Big 3 in 1/0 CCA, 2/0 welding cable front to back (and for amp power & ground), 1 75ah C&D under the hood, 1 32ah MK under the backseat, 2 102ah C&D's in the back

Misc: DIYMA Dope Series 22 AWG OFC RCA's (3x 17ft), 100ft Cadence 14 gauge OFC speaker wire

Box Design:

Box Build:

1 sheet 7 ply birch (ended up having to go back for another)

All cut

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

First pieces glued and screwed

Starting to look like something

Where I left off last night

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

It fits

Not as much room for batts as I thought, gonna have to stack them

New drill and pilot bit/countersink/screw tip swappable bit

---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

Went a little deep (that's what she said) on my first one, but eventually got the hang of it

Threw the MTX in to make sure it worked ok. Brought my mids to life.

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

So, just realized all this time I could of had group 31 batts behind any of my boxes. Never thought they'd fit. ****...

That's both batts in there behind the box, where my sub amp usually goes. Going to make an amp rack on the passenger side of the box where that piece of wood is in the top pic.

That's where I'm at. Zv.4's, 3800.1, and 80prs should all ship out today. Hoping to be playing by this weekend, next week at the latest. Thanks for lookin.

Wow those insides are lacking on that MTX. I would have thought to see more. Nice build though, keep it up!!
Thanks. Very clean and powerful amp. Does everything I expected and more. Love the 1/0 inputs.

Just got tracking on my 2 Zv.4's from the yard sale. Scheduled for delivery on Wednesday!! Whoot!

I got a set of the newly added b-stock ones. Thank you Jacob for the awesome deal.

Andrew at Ampere says my 3800.1 just shipped out as well.

drill2_zps49d34cc2.jpg

Best tool ever. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Good looking build, keep it up

Yes sir. Bought one of the 4 out of Andrew's Tahoe. Came with a 1 year warranty. Great deal!!

And thank you. I have always wanted a solid 4 channel for my mids and I finally have one. Love running old school amps for my mids/highs. Had 3 1984 Alphasonik 2 channels, with a matching 2 way crossover, running active before this.

Locked up my passenger side Lanzar Opti today. Got a little ballsy with the MTX. Sounded great till it died. Cut it open and the coil was black as night. I think the small Denon 4 channel I had bridged on them before the MTX must have been clipping. I just can't see the coil getting that black in the two days I've had the MTX on them.

Ordered another one for now. Will most likely need to replace the driver's side soon as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.