My 12'' hdc3 sealed? or go with 2 10's or 2 12's sealed?

boomzabit
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Minnesota
My current setup is what im using in my sig.. The box sits right behind me on the backseat of my truck and i can no longer take not being able to recline my seat as far as i want. My question is do i put my current sub in a slanted sealed box or buy 2 10's or 2 12's that work well in a sealed enclosure and go that route? BTW im looking at older model alpine type r's, the ones like this.

AlpineTypeR003.jpg

Im looking for a more "musical" setup and also one that takes up less space mainly in depth. Say i put my 12'' hdc3 in 1.0-1.5 cf sealed, would 2 12'' type r's be "louder" in 2.0cf sealed? I dont know why exactly but i want the older style type r's.. always loved the way they sound.

Im looking for a more "musical" setup and also one that takes up less space mainly in depth. Say i put my 12'' hdc3 in 1.0-1.5 cf sealed, would 2 12'' type r's be "louder" in 2.0cf sealed? I dont know why exactly but i want the older style type r's.. always loved the way they sound.
Well yes they will be louder. You have more power and double the cone area with the alpines.

Okay. I mean i know my sub ported would more then likely be more powerful then both of them, but i know the alpines do welll sealed. My AQ i dont know..

One other sub i wouldnt mind looking into would be a set of 10 or 12" IDMAX's.. how do they do sealed?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.