Mustang Mach 460 head unit install/wiring

Participant count
  • Participant list

dieselstylelab
10+ year member

Im installing an aftermarket HU in my 03 GT Mustang and I have heard there is a way to run an aftermarket head unit while still using the OEM Mach 460 amplifiers and speakers. Is there a harness I can purchase, because the shops in my area only stock a harness for running a sub and amp to the factory HU. Or since im installing the system myself can i wire it in myself somehow. I really want to avoid replacing all the speakers at this time. Thank you immensely for any help! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

I installed an aftermarket HU in my friends 00 Mustang and he got an factory amp adapter made by scosche I dont know if the amp adapters changed at all because he had the din style with a seperate cd player and you have the double din style. It works perfect but when you turn the radio on the speakers make a loud pop, so to fix that we got a resistor that I wired to the remote turn on for the factory amps and it got rid of the pop

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-2PFa6q35X8X/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=751&I=142C4FDK5

when the HU turned on it would make a popping noise for like a second, and everything was fine. I dont know if it was because we had another amp hooked up the the remote for his subs? and the resistor was like $1 and radioshack if you want I can get the model of it. All it did I think is delay the factory amps from turning on when the HU turned on and the sub amp turned on.

wire the input to the HU remote and the output to the amp remote and ground to a part of the body and it should work

Thanks a bunch for the info...i finally found someone at an audio shop in my city who ACTUALLY knew what he was talking about and got one of the best kit harnesses...im abou to perform the install so il post the results.....I would like that model # for the resistor saturn if i do have the same popping problem b/c im installing my aftermarket HU and 2 JL 13W7's and monoblocks so the same popping may occur in my setup...like i said ill post the results and thanks for the help!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.