Must have audiophile music thread

Really, you seriously want to see who has the bigger swinging dick?
I'm guessing by your comments that you either like French or American loudspeakers. Lots of midbass with a flabby bass end that gives you the illusion that it is kicking ass with a dominate presents band and relaxed high frequencies so that you can listen to poor music at high volumes and think it sounds good.

I'm not sure the last time you tested a loudspeaker in an anechoic chamber but that is the only place where you can really measure a loudspeakers frequency response. So I really don't know what has to do with anything.

Anyway, Tool. They are an overmixed player pop band marketed to a generation of self indulgent babies who think mommy and daddy should have bought them that new whatever they wanted whenever they wanted. You know the kids that think the world is unfair to them yet they don't bother to do anything about it because they think someone will take care of them and wipe their asses when they **** their pants.

Specifically about their sound. The sound is over processed and completely fabricated using a vast array of effects, processors, and compressors. I must say the point of loudspeakers and audiophile sound is to produce music or sound that sounds as close to the natural instrument as possible. This is not obtainable using the Tool mixing template. Is that a power drill in one of their song? Their is no real musicality to their sound and it is more a bunch of annoying noises and riffs that someone thought was unique but sounds more like a ripped off Peter Gabriel effect clashing with something some other band at some other place threw together once. Yes there is 3 or more note chords and harmony and even come counter harmony but it is something that a 6th grade band student screwing around on a piano could have come up with.

So, you are probably wondering how they got so cool and popular and now their shows sell out in minutes. Nonconformists, punkish, I'm mad at mommy so I'm going to get another piercing and dye my hair orange kids are the most band wagon bastards I have ever met in my entire life. They are more like cattle than any other group of people EVER.

Oh and furthermore just to clarify you are saying that Dani California constitutes Audiophile music? If so, it might be time to sell your equipment and get a pair of Apple headphones and a iPod.

You really do not like to read do you? No one is swinging their dicks around except you. I will admit that you have more technical knowledge in audio than I and I should have done so in my first post. But that is not my point which you have clearly missed. No I havent tested any speakers for their frequency response but I dont have to. There is plenty of info on B&W speakers floating around.

What you have to say about tool is quite funny. Im not going to defend them and I dont have to. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. And this was exactly my point in the other post. You are still saying that Tool is not audiophile and it is because you personally HATE this band and you know what, thats ok. Its your choice, your right, to hate them but you have no idea whatsover when you are talking about when speaking of audiophile albums.

If you dont read what I wrote, you shouldnt bother to even reply. My girlfriend used Dani California for testing, not me. I dont see how this song cant be audiophile though.

Basically my point is this. Anything can be used as audiophile for testing. No matter what sound you record on an album, every single piece of euipment you test it with will add its own flavor or coloration to the sound even if you buy the best this world has to offer. Even if I record a power drill onto CD, every speaker, every amplifier and so on will play it differently. If I record a violin on one CD and a power drill on another CD, does the violin automatically win as a true audiophile recording? If you have never heard the album before you use it for testing, audiophile or not, you will not get accurate comparison results. What I want you to understand is that there is no standard for audiophile music.

I love tool as a band. But I must say 10,000 days was mixed horrible! different audio levels from track to track and some funny noises that came out of no where at times.
That doesn't matter apparently anything and everything that Sirsyko likes is Audiophile music.

You know because it sounds bad it is therefor audiophile music. I guess I've been going about this my entire life the wrong way.

Oh and BTW, it is a dick swinging contest when you tell me something like:

You say their music is not balanced. Thats kind of what I think of the sound that many B&W speakers produce. Poor response graphs and over the top high end extension. Maybe you need to trade in that British ear for a neutral ear?

Instead of saying, I disagree with you I think Tool is great audiophile music because it sounds off and pooish. You imply that something is wrong with my system, my ears, my tastes, and my response graphs.

But, you got butt hurt because I said something bad about your precious Tool.
[/QUOTE]

Basically my point is this. Anything can be used as audiophile for testing. No matter what sound you record on an album, every single piece of euipment you test it with will add its own flavor or coloration to the sound even if you buy the best this world has to offer. Even if I record a power drill onto CD, every speaker, every amplifier and so on will play it differently. If I record a violin on one CD and a power drill on another CD, does the violin automatically win as a true audiophile recording? If you have never heard the album before you use it for testing, audiophile or not, you will not get accurate comparison results. What I want you to understand is that there is no standard for audiophile music.
wtf is wrong with you? I am thinking you are not understanding the connotative definition of audiophile.

That is what I was thinking. I was starting to think there was something wrong with me.
Other than being a jack ass.
No, while I think being an audiophile is "dumb" (that's my opinion...I just don't care that much about it). I don't belive all music is reference music.

You cannot compare a 1987 8ball and MJG rap album recorded on a fvcking boom box to something like Norah Jones or Alicia Keys (what I would call more like Reference music). The recording just isn't the same.

No, while I think being an audiophile is "dumb" (that's my opinion...I just don't care that much about it). I don't belive all music is reference music.
You cannot compare a 1987 8ball and MJG rap album recorded on a fvcking boom box to something like Norah Jones or Alicia Keys (what I would call more like Reference music). The recording just isn't the same.
This.

Nothing wrong with using your own music to test something. But there are some artists and genres that simply have top notch recording, perfect for testing everything about a system.

I do not like Tool, but I do disagree with tama's opinion of their fanbase and style. *shrug*

Well, I think being an audiophile where all you listen to is "audiophile" music is kind of dumb. Unless that is the type of music that you really like.

I tend to listen to a lot of music like Norah Jones or Holly Cole just for that fact that I love the sounds and textures of their music. But, that doesn't mean I don't throw in a little Bolt Thrower or Tito & Turantula once in a while.

in all honesty. you cant mix on a B&W set, they sound good with any recording thrown at them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

in all honesty. you cant mix on a B&W set, they sound good with any recording thrown at them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

They are honest however... So the recording might sound good in contrast to a lot of other systems. But, you will definitely know where the weaknesses are.

Too expensive for me and they don't seem to be geared toward HT. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
There is no such thing as a HT speaker. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

But, we all have our own perferences. But that new 600 Series is pretty **** cheap. I love my 703 but I wish I would have saved my money and consolidated my system into a kick ass two channel system using 803D for my fronts.

Sigur Ros

"Untitled" track 4 (Njosnavelin)

great for demoing how much your setup fills the cabin, listen to the strings streak, and the snare drumsticks hitting the drum softly.

this song is the definition of bliss

I need to get out and buy some new CDs.

Now that I'm single and I can once again spend all of my money on myself and I think I shall do just that.

Where do you guys get your CDs?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.