Music with the car off

Participant count
  • Participant list
As long as you don't let the voltage drop below 11, it isn't the amps that will be stressed.... it's the electrical system. Any quality amp should be safe between 11-15 volts.

And this kinda goes without saying but, the more batteries you have the more play time you'll have, all other things being equal.

I was cruising around the country, whamming away, and blew the fuse (200 amp, surprised it lasted as long as it did lol) right before the first battery inline in my trunk. So the two 125 ah batts back there were not being charged. I was only dropping to about 12 even at full tilt for about 15 minutes, and I'm drawing a pretty nice amount. Amp was still nice and cool, so it didn't seem to mind. Was testing at about 12.6 before I put em on the charger. If the batts can handle it, it's not a huge deal, but I still avoid running on only batts if at all possible.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.