Music not playing the same on different devices

chex96

Hello,

I have been playing all of my music through my head unit with my iphone 5s and it all sounds perfectly fine. However I recently downloaded a bunch of DECAF music. Since i don't have the space on my iphone i decided to put it on my old ipod touch 2nd generation. When i play it off of the ipod however, the music sounds very soft and has barely any bass. I decided to put the same music on a flash drive and play it through there. The music then sounded perfect and not soft. I am wondering what the problem is, why the same files being played on two different devices sounds so different. Is it because the ipod is rather old? I would rather use the ipod than a flash drive because then i can actually choose the song and its just a lot easier to use all around. Also i can fit all of the music on my ipod 16gb and not the 4gb flash drive.

Thanks

~Andrew P

Are both the iPhone 5s and the iPod using the same auxiliary cable?

It's either the cable (which you can rule out if you're using it fine with the iPhone), the iPod (EQ would be my guess too, but that's been covered), or the files. I mention the files only because an EQ can be applied to songs directly in iTunes under their properties. It's a stretch, but something to check.

If it's all around quieter on the iPod I'd take another shot in the dark by guessing the iPod has a low output voltage, but I don't think that would affect only the bass.

I have an older Ipod, don't have the issue your describing.. Check to see if the "normalize volume" setting is on. I know on mine if I had that turned on it didn't sound very good, although it did normalize volume track to track, still keep it off. Other than that that there is no reason you should be having a problem if the EQ is set to flat. Technology hasnt' taken huge leaps forward in the DAC arena since the IPOD was released lol, they are all very flat outputs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.