MurderMat Promo Launch GIVEAWAY

A question I feel I must ask. It was a stipulation given upon entrance to the giveaway of MurderMat that whomever was fortunate enough to be chosen would write

a review of the product. Granted, it took time for everyone to get what was coming to them and some time should be allowed for members chosen to get it together to prepare for a review, but shouldn't the people who do not ultimately produce a review be banned if they don't?

Out of the 11 people chosen a week ago I have seen 0 reviews. Although I admit I am one of them I want to re-assure Murdermat Inc. that I will follow through and

will start my build log in about 2-3 days for a full review. I just needed a little time to put some other things aside and, research, and plan how I would go about my

review (what to include in it etc). I'm actually looking forward to it, might even get my girlfriend to help me.

Jag

****... choosen for a giveaway and wants people banned for not writing a review yet when he is among one of them. shits whack there. i mean seriously it took some people almost a week just to receive the product let alone have the time inbetween their lives to install the product. for a good review of the product it takes time....cant just snap the fingers and bam it gets done. they way your so worried about people getting banned etc seems like you just dont want the brown wiped away from your nose.

also you might want to have your girlfriend write your review because each time you write something it seems to be over thought along the way.

yes i didnt win the giveaway and yes im waiting for reviews but im not complaining on how long it is taking since i want to be sure the reviews i read are good and informative....just lay of the ******* alittle and worry about getting the product installed to write your review rather than worrying about people getting banned.

im done with my rant.

Sorry I have not wrote a review yet but that's due to my brother being hospitalized and losing a close friend in a car accident. I have received my package on the 21st. First impression is great looking stuff and got alot more then expected. I will be installing it in the next week or so and making a YouTube review. Once again im sorry for late response.
family and friends come first.

sorry to hear the lost of your friend......hope your brother gets well man.

Got some of it installed today, Great stuff go buy it.

1012027.jpg

1012025.jpg

I will post videos later.

All we ask in return is a Before/after Review and Install pics on your favorite forums and/or youtube!
Before it rattle horribly loud, After the rattles are almost completely gone

It's sticky,thick, and looks good.

I really don't know what else to write about with real testing equipment to do a review.

"Before it rattle horribly loud, After the rattles are almost completely gone

It's sticky,thick, and looks good."

To me seems like it does it's job, if it's cured your rattles then good stuff, cant really go by metering and numbers I know alot of cars back in the day would lose deebeez //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif after deadening

I'm pretty much at the stage Bettr n' Revrse is at, received and planning. One thing I know is it's getting a little cold over here in GA. I think im going to start

tearing all the carpet matting out of my trunk tomorrow. Today I was listening to the resonant bass and added vibrations I know are not going to be there once

I install MurderMat. I imagine the sound is going to be much cleaner, I have in mind to add a few cut-outs of MM to places where I noticed the plastic rattles and

distorts the bass besides the trunk or door area. For example the seat belt buckle rattles big time because it's next to another part of the car also made of plastic.

Good luck with your installs guys, it's good to see everything is on the up and up so far.

mmat.jpg

JAG

I had planned to install some last saturday, but one of the guys from our shop totalled his car on the sherman minton bridge and he was hospitalized. Friends and family first folks, gotta take care of business. On another bum note, I had a radiator crack today so i'll be at the shop anyway this weekend replacing it for the 7th time. Godamn cheap ass aftermarket china made radiators FTL. Anywho, I'll be putting some in the doors of the Jeep and some photos with a review.

We understand everyone has lives and stuff happens.

No one was expected to do a review NEXT day after recieving, and the sound deadening installation part is pretty time consuming to say the least when having to take panels/headliner/carpet out.

We obviously really appreciate reviews sooner then later, but we have to put it to be a realistic time frame.

Thanks so far to pics put up!

Seperate threads for installs are definitely preferred //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

A question I feel I must ask. It was a stipulation given upon entrance to the giveaway of MurderMat that whomever was fortunate enough to be chosen would write

a review of the product. Granted, it took time for everyone to get what was coming to them and some time should be allowed for members chosen to get it together to prepare for a review, but shouldn't the people who do not ultimately produce a review be banned if they don't?

Out of the 11 people chosen a week ago I have seen 0 reviews. Although I admit I am one of them I want to re-assure Murdermat Inc. that I will follow through and

will start my build log in about 2-3 days for a full review. I just needed a little time to put some other things aside and, research, and plan how I would go about my

review (what to include in it etc). I'm actually looking forward to it, might even get my girlfriend to help me.

Jag
I agree. Out of those, we might get 2 actual reviews. But my concern is, how are they reviewing it? Compared to what? For example, half of my ride is done in Second Skin, I could compare side by side on the same vehicle/ same system how it compares. And my setup would really put it to the test, unlike a couple 10's or 12's... but the winners were people who might never even have had a deadner before. Smh. Cheers to those who did get some free deadner tho.

[quote name='adas']All we ask is a good in-depth review and a few good pictures![/QUOTE]

[quote name='DreDay256']But my concern is, how are they reviewing it? Compared to what?[/QUOTE]

Didn't enter the giveaway, and don't have a dog in this hunt...but do think that the above are good questions.

Perhaps a bit of additional 'guidance' or suggestions of what to do in order to provide readers with the most "in-depth" reviews might be in order...?
(Granted, I would love to read one with Before and After RTA's, but not everyone has access to the required hardware and software to do that)

So, what might be reasonable expectations or suggestions to help improve reviews beyond stuff like , "It really reduced road noise" ; "It made a world of difference in my SQ" ; "My neighbors don't complain when I drive by their house anymore" and other general (and pretty subjective) statements of that type?

@adas ; , et al

I've used edead and fatmat before (my jeep is mostly done in fatmat) but I never did the door panels. My doors violently move in/out when i'm compeitting so it will be interesting to see if it helps. Won't of course be a definitive review no matter how people do their write-up. I did do one of my Corvettes in edead and that **** was TERRIBLE, it pealed real bad even after I cleaned the surfaces with acetone. I eventually pulled it all out. We'll see how MMat goes, and i'll be doing the doors this weekend!

I've used edead and fatmat before (my jeep is mostly done in fatmat) but I never did the door panels. My doors violently move in/out when i'm compeitting so it will be interesting to see if it helps. Won't of course be a definitive review no matter how people do their write-up. I did do one of my Corvettes in edead and that **** was TERRIBLE, it pealed real bad even after I cleaned the surfaces with acetone. I eventually pulled it all out. We'll see how MMat goes, and i'll be doing the doors this weekend!

Hey Snoopdan,

I'm a friend of Tim Oyler, so whats this all about?

Anthony Collova hates cancer survivors, rednecks, diabetics and dead people.

I'm surprised he is still alive from what I hear people say about him.

Nice MAT, you offer quantity pricing???

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

[quote name='Flex68']Didn't enter the giveaway, and don't have a dog in this hunt...but do think that the above are good questions.

Perhaps a bit of additional 'guidance' or suggestions of what to do in order to provide readers with the most "in-depth" reviews might be in order...?
(Granted, I would love to read one with Before and After RTA's, but not everyone has access to the required hardware and software to do that)

So, what might be reasonable expectations or suggestions to help improve reviews beyond stuff like , "It really reduced road noise" ; "It made a world of difference in my SQ" ; "My neighbors don't complain when I drive by their house anymore" and other general (and pretty subjective) statements of that type?

@adas[/QUOTE]
While we agree, saying to customers and the winners of the giveaway "OK, we want you to do THIS type of comparison in THIS part of your car in THIS fashion and compare A product to B...it is really unrealisitic, because everyone has different cars, problem areas, and therefore different results, and the point of the product is to be a vibration dampener. A RTA setup would be a great test, but again one car could benefit 3X better then another one could...so to be realisitic that would require direct comparison testing!

I do completely understand what your saying though by some review guidelines, but we didn't set those into place because I was pretty confident anybody that is installing the deadener as a hobbyist, are themselves going to notice the changes in their car.

The greatest review to us is just as asked: show a video and/or pictures of where the deadener was placed, how it flexed/rattled before, and how much less it rattles/flexs in those areas post installation....and like said, the more in depth the reivews done, we'll reward those reviewers with a MM Tshirt and/or cool stuff. And that goes for customers, not just the giveaway winners. ;)

[quote name='davidtemple']

Nice MAT, you offer quantity pricing???

:)[/QUOTE]
Yes, we do. The larger the quantities, the better pricing will be.

We understand everyone has lives and stuff happens. No one was expected to do a review NEXT day after recieving, and the sound deadening installation part is pretty time consuming to say the least when having to take panels/headliner/carpet out.

We obviously really appreciate reviews sooner then later, but we have to put it to be a realistic time frame.

Thanks so far to pics put up!

Seperate threads for installs are definitely preferred //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Ill be starting mine soon... Dont suppose you could send a guy a roller? lol

Ill be starting mine soon... Dont suppose you could send a guy a roller? lol
We're workin on that. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

Tryin to make some nice custom ones.

A quick trip to lowes can yield a decent roller for the job!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

adas

Pro Seller
MurderMat
adas
SRQ-FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date