Multiple TV Issues

biglinton
10+ year member

Hello Bro's and beautiful ladies.......so I have 4 tv's in my headrest..(05 Nissan maxima)...and I am running off them off my ZUNE....the issue I am running into is that they have an on and off switch so they don’t just come on when I turn the car on, for some reason my drivers headrest comes on but the rest stay blank...weird, I was wondering if there is a way to make ALL THEM come one once I turn the key now I have the screens powered by the remote wire on my amp and grounded to the ground wire on my amp.......o I also have a kill switch for the po po's.........thanks guys!

Powering the screens from your remote output is a terrible idea, you're going to burn up your HU that way. That circuit is only meant to supply a few hundred milliamps, you need to use a relay.

basically off my amp, i have one wire going into the ground slot and the power wire going into the Remote slot of the amp does that help........ and my zune is providing all the videos and etc to the screens im still using my factory setup to produce sound and boom boom POW!

basically off my amp, i have one wire going into the ground slot and the power wire going into the Remote slot of the amp does that help........ and my zune is providing all the videos and etc to the screens im still using my factory setup to produce sound and boom boom POW!
What? Did you ask anybody for help when you wired this? Why would put the power wire for your TV's in the remote wire terminal on your amp?

Ok, now where is that "remote slot" connected?

To make them come on without manually turning them on...they will need to feed off of an accesoriy wire.....for power since they have to be manually turned on and off you'll have to bypass the power switch on each one so they are powered full time ...for 4 screens id allow about 5 amps of current to be safe so fuse your acc wire with a 5amp fuse somewhere near where it ties into the 4

ouch, well i could have plugged it directly into the power wire of my amp however i wanted to use a power source that would turn on when the car turned on i have since i am not using an aftermarket headunit in my car and im using the factory bose system i have the remote wire hooked up to the radio fuse which i believe is a 10 amp fuse running to my rear amp and going into the amp remote slot, does this answer your question?????...........im up for any suggestions to make these turn on without me manually turning them on //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

all four have there own independent fuses on them the instructions tell me to hook them straight up to the battery...............and to bypass the power button i bet ima have to crack em open..lol.... i dont think i wanna go thru that head ache lol!!!!!!!!!!

ouch, well i could have plugged it directly into the power wire of my amp however i wanted to use a power source that would turn on when the car turned on i have since i am not using an aftermarket headunit in my car and im using the factory bose system i have the remote wire hooked up to the radio fuse which i believe is a 10 amp fuse running to my rear amp and going into the amp remote slot, does this answer your question?????...........im up for any suggestions to make these turn on without me manually turning them on //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Yes, it does. Normally the remote turn on is a signal coming from the HU. Do your amplifiers stay on when the vehicle is off? You need to relocate your remote wire to a circuit that only has power when the vehicle is on. I would still recommend a relay since like Dave said, you're going to be drawing up to 5 amps.

no my amp doesnt stay on since the fuse im using is the radio fuse it cuts off when the car is off when i turn the key it cuts on and so does my one screen (the driver headrest) the other screens just have power but they dont cut on unless i manually turn em on via remote control or power button and yes NORMALLY it does go from the radio however since i dont have a aftermarket deck i had to go to the fuse box....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.