Multiple subwoofer wiring

Participant count
  • Participants list

Dafaseles

CarAudio.com Exclusive
So yeah, easy question, I'm pretty sure I'm right, but left alone with my thoughts, I can think myself out of the right answer for some reason.
So I have 4 dual 1 ohm subs and 2 Sundown Salt 4 amplifiers. I'm going to run 2 subs each amp. If I wire the subs in the fashion as seen in the picture, I'll get a final load of 1 ohm correct? I'm just looking for validation that I've been correct or proof that I am, in fact, a dumb *ss. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210216-205802_Samsung Notes.jpg
    Screenshot_20210216-205802_Samsung Notes.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 59
Yeah, I got the info off 12 volt, it was just a little confusing because of it only being for a single input, so I looked at just 1 1ohm dvc wired to 2 ohm. That's where I got my drawing.
So pretty much positive and negative wired together from each coil, and then one positive and negative from each coil into the amp?

Last edited:
Series parallel.

Wire each sub to 2 ohms. Then wire each pair to one ohm. Or if you strap them, wire all 4 subs to .5 ohm and then series wire all of them to get 2 ohms.
Yeah, I guess the simplest way to put my question was is that picture going to yield me 2 ohms each sub and wiring each sub into it's own positive and negative slots into the amp, would the amp then see 1 ohm. I was just going to have 4 separate speaker terminals on the box

Yeah, I got the info off 12 volt, it was just a little confusing because of it only being for a single input, so I looked at just 1 1ohm dvc wired to 2 ohm. That's where I got my drawing.
So pretty much positive and negative wired together from each coil, and then one positive and negative from each coil into the amp?
Yes.

Oops.. I f'ed up.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.