multiple subs, multiple amps, sound quality?

dreamer
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I was wondering how it would affect the sound if I had 2 subs, running off of 2 amps, all identical. Like, say I had a brahma 15" connected to a RF bd1500 and another brahma 15" connected to a RF bd1500. Would that sound allright? I'm thinking that if there are slight variences, then destructive interference would occur and cause some slightly out of phase bass. Would it be a big deal if the subs were in a common enclosure? I have heard that some amps like the bd1500 or viper d2500 or dei 1100s can be hooked up to form a bigger amp off of one amp, but I heard for the RF bd1500 the two amps don't equal anything near 3000watts, when they are synced.

Thanks for your input, guys.

People use two different amps for two subs all the time, its ok. Just adjust your gains and what not carefully. A common enclosure usually isn't a bad idea, except for the Brahma. The "bull" has enough trouble keeping itself from busting thru a normal box, you'll need something pretty solidly built to handle two of them pushed with that many watts. I've never actually seen TWO Brahma's at work, so take my advice for what it's worth I guess.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

i was wondering about that also and i came to the conclusion that's why companies are starting to make amps that are able to be put together i think. that's my whole conclusion on it, i know the new visonik amps and ma audio amps are like that, there are many other but those are the only 2 i've seen, not a bad idea when you think about it.

keep it thumpin,

adam

I have to dispute the RF's output when as they call it synced. I was running four of them. Two per sub. When we measured the output power it was 3411w at 13.4v per pair. I believe that's a little more than 3000w //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

How did you test amp power? did you use speaker DC resistance calculation or a dummy load? I have read somewhere that if you use the speaker, it will give a falsely high reading because of something to do with inductance.

Richard Clark and Brian from A2000 helped me out in that department. We used a dummy load of resistors. Richard is a pretty cool guy. If you talk to him and set it up. He will let you come down and take a tour of A2000. There is some wild stuff there. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif They were also measured at 14.4v but seeing as how my electrical system could only support the current draw at 13.4v that is where we measured. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Originally posted by dreamer How did you test amp power? did you use speaker DC resistance calculation or a dummy load? I have read somewhere that if you use the speaker, it will give a falsely high reading because of something to do with inductance.

If I remember correctly it's because of the constantly changing impedence. Impedence is like music it's dynamic instead of static. meaning it changes somewhat with the music. Therefore when the impedence changes so does the power output. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.