Multiple battery wiring question

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hi everyone, another noob question lol.. Finally stepping up to some big boy power and want to make sure I'm doing everything right.

Okay, so I have my main batt under my hood, big 3 and whatnot, I have one run of pos and neg to the back behind my seat, where I have my second battery, a 110 ah Deka. I have a single cab truck, no room being the other seat, box is a center console box so no room there, i refuse to put them in the bed.. So it has to go under the hood. I explained all that so people don't tell me to put them in the bed blah blah blah..

Now my question is, when I see big builds, they have all the wire going to the first battery in back, and then wire the Amps from the last batt.. So should I just put little 6 inch 1/0 wire jumpers from my main batt to my second batt under the hood, and still keep the main runs coming from the main batt? Or since the Deka is my second batt should I move the run to the back over to my second batt?

Sorry for the long explanation but I just wanted to make myself clear, thanks for any and all your responses..

@hispls
@pro\-rabbit
@mylows10

My main batt ,and the 2nd batt under the hood both have the big three/.My main batt still does the starter ect, but the second batt wires Parallel to the second batt for addition, and I come off the second batt to supply the Car audio system with.Have done that way for few years, no issues.At work, I help Test Deisel Fire Sprinkler Pumps, that have like 4-6 batts wired in parallel series,and all work as they should..no issues.Just make sure you use the same size power and ground wiring for any batt you install,and you should be just fine..You doing this Sat?Fri Night?I can swing by??

My main batt ,and the 2nd batt under the hood both have the big three/.My main batt still does the starter ect, but the second batt wires Parallel to the second batt for addition, and I come off the second batt to supply the Car audio system with.Have done that way for few years, no issues.At work, I help Test Deisel Fire Sprinkler Pumps, that have like 4-6 batts wired in parallel series,and all work as they should..no issues.Just make sure you use the same size power and ground wiring for any batt you install,and you should be just fine..You doing this Sat?Fri Night?I can swing by??

Ahh okay that makes sense, I am going to pick up some additional 1/0 lugs then to do the upgrade.. You wanna do it Friday night? Ill make sure to have all the supplies then if you bring the fuses and holders we can knock it out.

Ahh okay that makes sense, I am going to pick up some additional 1/0 lugs then to do the upgrade.. You wanna do it Friday night? Ill make sure to have all the supplies then if you bring the fuses and holders we can knock it out.
Should only take couple hours max with heat shrinking.I can help..Me and Shadow did his here and ran new supply to distro in couple hrs..Went pretty smooth

You will want to run battery to battery. There is a nice debate on here some where for the neg cable runs and if battery to batteryvis actually better or not. Was a good read forsure. I don't normally do it in the smaller installs, but builds like the FJ and Tahoe we did.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.