Mtx1501d amp Help needed..

Participant count
  • Participant list

Whitetiger619
10+ year member

TEXAS
Ok I bought two used mtx 1501d car amps off ebay... yes before you go into bashing me at least hear me out on this one.. I took out the multimeter and tested the " Bad " mtx 1501 the one that does not play at all nor turn on... I noticed two negitive things right off the bat... Diode R115 is burnt.. But i cant seem to find the right replacement part for that one.. MTX.com has yet to call me back to help me out.. Also the out put " transistors " seen to be at a very low resistance level .364 on all for of them... They look like mosfets but with 2 legs not three . The only part numbers on the transisters i seen were U1540 and cq412 i have tried all major retail stores " digikey " mouse " etc.. but yet nothing cam close to what im looking for..

Now the good amp that does power on but has a very krazy output signal seems like the subs move but no bass... I did test the " output transistors and they tested in resistance .900 .450 .450 .900 Now im thinking that the .900 is the good ones a the .450 is the bad ones. Since the Bad amp had a lower resistance level based on that alone.

Does any one know of a direct replacement part for these amps ? the mtx 1501d is the same board as the mtx 81000d board... Any help will be helped. Thank you

Long Live The AMP GODS !

I can offer no help but find no reason to bash you if they were bought as defective units that you wanted to fix. 81000d/1501d's are very nice older school amps that put out great power @ 2ohms and 1 ohm if modded. I loved mine in both modded and unmodded form, if they didn't retain their value so well i'd have another.

Well good news MTX.com just called me back i told them the parts i needed an it turns out the part numbers they gave me MDD025 for the output transistors compared to the part number that is on the top of the resistors says cq412 sigh... look like im gonna have to call back up mtx an see if i can order these parts from them only.

Well after looking for a few hours on the web i could not find any other part numbers for these output transistors.. Any body else have replacement parts numbers i can have so i can buy them from say digikey ?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.