mtx 7500 help tuneing? pleaseeee

Participant count
  • Participant list

jasoncmarsh

mi
i have 2 12 inch mtx 7500s in a kicker comp cvr ported box. connected at 2 ohms to a power acoustik B.A.M.F 5500 wat amp. thats connected to a scosche efx delta dblock. and that goes to a power acoustik 10 farad capacitor. its in a 2001 malibu in the trunk. but i have back seat takein out. i need to kno if i have it setup the right way and/or what i should do different. i dont want to ruin my subs or amp. also i dont understand all settings on amp and what they should be set at to go along with my subs and type of box. pleaseeee help i want it to sound good and not blow my subs. im useing all monster 0 gauge wiring and high grade car audio speaker wire also.

The Kicker box is not the correct size or tuning, I put my 7500 12s in 3.75cu/ft tuned to 34hz and they did ok, I should have put them in something closer to 4.5cu/ft with a higher tuning. I have heard they like big boxes (over 2 cu/ft per woofer if a 12) They will get loud, but they don't really like to get low.

should they be in a ported box still? and wat shud the settings on amp be? its has spl, subsonic, db. and what ohms should i run the subs? thanks for the help btw too. ill hav a bunch of questions if u wanna help. wat exactly are the dimensions you said above? like wat kind of box would u suggest and how big ? length/ width/depth/height. i want the subs to hit like there suppose too.

i need to kno if i have it setup the right way and/or what i should do different. i dont want to ruin my subs or amp. also i dont understand all settings on amp and what they should be set at to go along with my subs and type of box.
should they be in a ported box still? and wat shud the settings on amp be? its has spl, subsonic, db. and what ohms should i run the subs? thanks for the help btw too. ill hav a bunch of questions if u wanna help. wat exactly are the dimensions you said above? like wat kind of box would u suggest and how big ? length/ width/depth/height. i want the subs to hit like there suppose too.
seriously no one out there wants to help?
I'm sure that it isn't that no one wants to help you, it's simply that you have asked a blue million questions....many of which you can answer for yourself by doing some research and reading already-existing threads/posts.

Locate and read your amp's manual; plug your sub's specs into an online enclosure calculator and see how far off your box may be; decide what you want from your system before trying to set it up; calculate what your electrical can handle before deciding at what impedance you're going to wire your subs; read the Sticky on setting amplifier gains before you start running your system and take a chance on ruining subs; and etc, ad nauseum.

My suggestion is that you do all the above, spend a lot more time on here reading/listening, and find a knowledgable person local to you to offer specific advice , or even assist with your install...

first of all, all that u said didnt help me one bit with any of my questions. Basically a waste of ur time n mine. and ive looked up a lot of **** and its all hooked up legit and pounding hard enough. dude said i shud use a dif. box so i had some questions about it. n i bought my amp from a pawn shop so i dont have a manual with the subs or amp. maybe instead of questioning me y i have questions n tellin me to jus go look it up elsewhere y dont u help or not waste my time. what do u think this site n thread is for neway? i made the thread asking questions to help myself not get criticized that i should of did more research. ive done as much as i kno to do with the system. im gonna do the big 3 and upgrade on the wires but when it comes to hz n wat type of box my subs shud be in, it is a simple question that cud b answered by someone that has had a setup like mine. n asking about the ohms n stuff like that, i already kno wat ohms my subs run at but was merely asking if how i had is indeed correct. cause personal expirience is better than a manual any day.

Well, as far as an enclosure goes, they work well in 2.25 cubes a piece at 33 hz with 14 in^2 per cube.

Your amp has your gain, low pass filter, and subsonic filter. Gain setting depends on a few things, like what voltage your pre-outs are. The subsonic filter should be set around 27-28 hz in the box that I said. Any other settings like bass boost should just be left all the way down.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.