MRP-M500 in protect?

Participant count
  • Participant list

TheHammer12
10+ year member

Ok I'm having a problem with my Alpine MRP-M500. I think it is going into protect. When I play a bass heavy song at like 20ish on the HU in plays fine, but if I go to like 25 (HU goes to 35) on a real bass heavy song the sub stops playing so I think the amp is going into protect. The gain is at max (I know prob a little too high, but I've run it like this for 3+ months without any problems). Bass boost is at zero. LPF is at 100hz on amp, 80hz on HU. I think the sub might have a dead coil or something which is causing my impedance to do something weird and put it into protect? So idk, any ideas?

Oh crud, meant to post this in the Amplifier section, my bad, if a mod could move it it would be most appreciated.

Power and grounds are 8 gauge, car is running. Like I said, I have run it like this for 3+ months without any problems, my amp settings are fine, and no I'm not using bass boost or anything like that.

Power and grounds are 8 gauge, car is running. Like I said, I have run it like this for 3+ months without any problems, my amp settings are fine, and no I'm not using bass boost or anything like that.
your gain is pinned, so your amp settings ARNT fine, and if a coil IS damage its cause you have the gain maxed. not that this is your problem but you have the LPF on your amp at 100 and on your HU at 80. pic one, dont run both. id be curious the see what your power and grounds look like. i had a JL amp a few months back that would go into protection when the bass would hit, turns out the conection at the battery was so pourly done, that the power at the amp would drop off below 10volts. if you think you have a dead coil, bust out the DVOM

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.