Moving right along

Participant count
  • Participant list
 Looks nice man... hope it gets down

Where you planning to tune this one?
I haven't decided. Wasn't even sure i'd be able to make it work. Tight af definitely couldn't of made it work with 3/4.  It's going in the Honda and she drives it most of the time so that has some baring on. We'll see what air space I end up with after I get some dowels in. Thinking it'll be close to 1.5. it's only double baffled 21"  just enough to get the subs in recessed so they're not right up against the plastic rail that runs all the way across the  floorboard of the truck. Not your typical truck. Floorboard is completely flat no tranny hump but luckily there's something in the way to make things even more difficult.

20190330_212120.jpg

Played  with crossovers most of the morning. Got it sounding pretty good. Roughly 60 in speakers. Probably around 50 in crossovers. Figure another 25 ish in supplies 85 for the amp. Sounds better then any 200 plus $ little stereo you could buy at a store... can't wait to do the build 

20190330_212647.jpg

Built this simple little cross cut sled this afternoon. Probably be one of thoes things I wished I'd done a long time ago...

20190331_162343.jpg

Talk about no room for error. I have a lot of doubts about this one. Definitely will be trying it out b 4 painting. Part of it I guess. The truck will either beat me or I'll beat it. If these don't work maybe the type r  will.  Still gotta add bracing and port.  

Yeah I doubt myself when it comes to this kinda of thing. Put in the work etc. I'm going to put a runner in front of the box to keep it from sliding forward any even though it is pretty tight against the seats... 20190331_162322.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Had the day off today plus most of Monday 20190404_134504.jpg20190404_133943.jpg20190404_134051.jpggot a little more done.. got really sloppy  with the adhesive lol. A little difficult getting in there with the gun. Oh well hopefully after getting it done I won't see the inside for a very long time. 20190404_073748.jpg20190404_073816.jpg

Going a little nuts with the shop stereo in between waiting on paint to dry. 4 16ohm buy out specials 4" mids crossed over at 800 to 5 k. The 2 eminence 4s will handle 100 to 800. Tweeters 5k up. Need to separate the enclosure on the inside and add the ports for sub and the eminence. Should be a pretty efficient set up. I've got an old plate amplifier with high level inputs I might incorporate for the sub. Fun stuff lol.20190407_155207.jpg

20190407_174951.jpg20190407_174829.jpg

I'll have to wait till next weekend to try it out but pretty much done. Hard to get too excited about a pair of 8s but after all the work put into it I'll still be looking forward to trying it out. Hopefully it'll put the problem of front facing side port in that truck to rest...

Very nice work Fithwheel! I wish I had that kind of talent with making custom boxes let alone the tools needed to do so. So jealous of all of you people that are able to do this. That is one thing my dad was never into which was wood working and construction other then the basics and of course building a couple boat docks.

Very nice work Fithwheel! I wish I had that kind of talent with making custom boxes let alone the tools needed to do so. So jealous of all of you people that are able to do this. That is one thing my dad was never into which was wood working and construction other then the basics and of course building a couple boat docks.
Thanks.. I give most of the credit to tools. A nice table saw a good router and a little patience go a long way.. 

I got lucky with my dad, he was a machinist for Mobil Oil for close to 30 years & was also their jet engine mechanic as they had a jet engine they used for their electrical power in Elwood, IL. He was also into boating, snowmobiling, quads, dirt bikes, drag racing basically anything with an engine along with all the electronics and computers. He taught me to build my own computer at 10 in the mid '80s from the ground up with all the soldering and what not. That and he was an addict with house electronics, we even had a 12 foot Wineguard Satellite Dish in our back yard with access to 50 some satellites it was freaking awesome.

In the long run it ended up costing me several expensive addictions, especially drag racing when I was into that on a weekly basis at Chicagoland Speedway in Joliet, IL. Cost me money but without him I would have been spending thousands more paying a shop. Most kids were out playing at 8 years old, I was in the garage rebuilding engines, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Temporarily locked into place till i can put some pieces in that are a little more discrete. Had to do a fair amount of running around this weekend. Box was worth the effort.  The little ultimax dig deep for 8s.Just works better front fire etc. Idk about thoes fox boxes and all the others firing up down etc. Didn't work all that great for me up or down in my little truck anyway.

20190413_110125.jpg

20190413_110029.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.