Mouth of box too big? Ok?

kuijo
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
TX
So i know you're supposed to keep the port an equal width when you're folding it up to take up less room.

Well i've got a simple port thats supposed to have a width of 2". The box has two ports that meet in the middle to create a 4" port keeping thing proportional. But instead of 4" it's actually 5.5".

How bad will this mess things up? SHould i go buy 2 3/4" MDF glue it together and put it inbetween the big port to make it two right sized vents. Or is it not a big deal?

Thanks for your time

~MIke

Ya i learned that. This is my first box, so its more of an experiance.

Notes to self:

Cut own wood

Sealent *****

Buy lots of screws for fewer trips.

I'm keeping the port dimensions exact and the internal volume pretty exact. So even though it'll look shitty on the outside it'll still work. I'll probably make another after so i'll have a little experiance.

sorry the pictures are a little blurry.

whats all that black ****? and why did you use particle board //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

whats all that black ****? and why did you use particle board //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif
Looks like MDF to me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I used 3/4 MDF, and the black **** is silicone sealent. Do you not use sealent? I heard in a couple places it wasn't crucial, but it couldn't hurt. But since my wood is 1/16th of an inch too short in some places i used it to cover the gaps. to make it air tight. I've read all the tips i could on boxmaking, but any comments on how i could do this better next time are welcomed.

I used 3/4 MDF, and the black **** is silicone sealent. Do you not use sealent? I heard in a couple places it wasn't crucial, but it couldn't hurt. But since my wood is 1/16th of an inch too short in some places i used it to cover the gaps. to make it air tight. I've read all the tips i could on boxmaking, but any comments on how i could do this better next time are welcomed.
I use caulking... works fine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.