mounting amps to back seats

Participant count
  • Participant list

knotdrummer88
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Im looking at mounting my amps to the back of my back seat and I was wondering if anyone has every had any problem of the screws going too far through the seat? now, I know to use short screws, but I was just wondering if anyone has ran into this? and my vehicle is a 1998 jeep cherokee

The screws I've used (just standard screws I got with the amp maybe 1" or less) never wen't through to the other side, although seats are made differently, mine we're fine.

2012-03-15163528.jpg

9E7F47F1-E571-4623-9C38-1E6E0176EE77-8147-0000034789DB2EEF.jpg

You'll be alright. Just don't use long @$$ screws

I just finished mounting my amp and crossovers to the back of my rear seat. I have a 96 Jeep Grand Cherokee, so practically the same vehicle. I actually mounted everything to a piece of plywood, then mounted the plywood to the seat back. I used inch and a half sheet metal screws to fasten it down. So far seems to be holding up just fine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.