Mounting Amps On Port

Participant count
  • Participant list

GCAdidas13
10+ year member

heh.
I was wondering, is there a similar amount of flex in the walls of a port of an enclosure, as the walls of the enclosure itself?

I want to mount amps with 0.5" screws into the side of my box that has the port running up it. I just want to know if it would be necessary to add protection to the amps.

(no "i don't really know, but it sounds like a good idea" answers please, just if you know for sure)

i think it generally depends on the box its self.. and how well its made.. some enclosures are lose and so ur amp Die soon from box ratteling befor flexing itself..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.