mounting amp on box

Xprime4
10+ year member

****in' canadian
since i don't have any space left in my trunk i got no choice but to mount the amplifier on the box. at high level, i'm hearing the amplifier rattling alot... real bad

i don't have a more than a quarter of inch left, what can i use between the amplifier and the box to make it stop rattling? i looked around at home depot and found nothing that could really help...

what do you guys do... yeah the box need more bracing too, but since it's done, what can i add afterward?

better brace that box and seal it tighter. even if you put foam under the amp to lessen vibrations its still liable to cause damage to the amp. might even knock the fets right off the board if the box shakes hard enough

Double sided sticky tape or small pieces of cardboard under the mounting points where the box meets the amp. There's tons of simple fixes to solve a rattle problem that simple. Or that foam stripping with a single side adhesive they use to seal air conditioners.

mount the amp on a piece of MDF and put a good layer of egg crate on tp of the box and then mount the amp on top of that.. it should be enough to really controlt he rattling.. just a short term fix though its definately not good to run it like that

well the box ain't solid enough i never had problem with amp rattling prior, but that's my first time with that amp too.

what do you guys use for bracing once the box is done and sealed up? i saw some kinda rod in few build, where do you guy get that? with three rod i should be fine

well the box ain't solid enough i never had problem with amp rattling prior, but that's my first time with that amp too.
what do you guys use for bracing once the box is done and sealed up? i saw some kinda rod in few build, where do you guy get that? with three rod i should be fine
you can get threaded rod at home depot, lowes, menards, any hardware store probably.

Like the first guy said, you just need to re-inforce the box. Cross bracing is the obvious choice. What you need to do is, if you can be bothered rebuilding the box, you can cross-brace the face that the amp will go onto, the secure the DIRECTLY to the bracing. Otherwise, combining the various ideas listed above will surely help. If you can be bothered, you could just relocate the amp so that it goes under a seat, or something similar. If you can be creative (without being ambitious, or reckless) you'll find some real nifty places to stick your amp.

ok i got some threaded rod, i need to cut two of them and the other one is already the good size

so do i just need to make the rod go through two opposite wall of the box and then add the washer and nut on the external end or do i need to put some nut in the inside too? any thing i should know before drilling the box?

CLT tiles or whatever it is, is what you need to use. Everything else will still allow a lot of vibration.
What if there are holes in the bottom to allow air to flow?

srs question btw. My AQ amp's bottom plate is loose and rattles.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.