Most Reliable Cars

I glared at her and gave her some choice remarks about using a cell phone when driving a vehicle that might be too much for her to handle //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
hehehehe

nothing makes me more upset than seeing a lil girl in one of those big SUV things with the pickup bed.

1: she has no reason to drive something that dam big

2: those things are useless.. what can you REALLY fit in that tiny bed???

Too many people in big @$$ vehicles that have no idea how to handle them...

Getting back to the original topic, I don't think any automotive company can claim ultimate reliability. However, having taken apart many vehicles part by part, there is simply more thought, more engineering, more attention to detail in Honda/Toyota vehicles* than any other companies. However, this does not mean that F150s (or any other vehicle for that manner) can't go problem free for 300,000 miles. But, given their stance on quality, Toyota/Honda vehicles TEND to last longer and have less problems.

*Many other vehicles have been built to the same standards(i.e Nissan/Inifiniti, older European luxury cars, etc.), but these standards have been present in nearly every Honda and Toyota vehicle produced.

my 89 mazda 626 was 1000000000x more reliable than the 89 accord that was out then. maybe not as solid as the camry but it was faster than both lol maybe 16sec 1/4 mile w/110 hp haahahaha. this was when mazda was highly respected. i only mention this cuz when i was sixteen me and my friends would always "race" with our slow pieces of sh!t lol those were the days

Getting back to the original topic, I don't think any automotive company can claim ultimate reliability. However, having taken apart many vehicles part by part, there is simply more thought, more engineering, more attention to detail in Honda/Toyota vehicles* than any other companies. However, this does not mean that F150s (or any other vehicle for that manner) can't go problem free for 300,000 miles. But, given their stance on quality, Toyota/Honda vehicles TEND to last longer and have less problems.
*Many other vehicles have been built to the same standards(i.e Nissan/Inifiniti, older European luxury cars, etc.), but these standards have been present in nearly every Honda and Toyota vehicle produced.
I agree with this completely. Honda/Toyota/Nissan are ENGINEERED. Ford/Chevy/GM/etc are MARKETED. Japanese cars are built solidly and the engineers put a lot of time into making sure they function properly. Domestics tend to have less engineering but more power, features, etc for the price.

I am not saying domestics are bad. They just aren't up to par with the Japanese vehicles in certain aspects. I would still consider buying domestic.

$ 0.02

man a guy around here has one of those for sale that looks exactly the same as that one //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif .

OK so here is the best car ever made and I think that that it might shock you all. It is the car that is taken care of. That is the best answer that I can givre you. I have a 1997 Toyota Camry that has 150,000mi on it and it still drives like a dream. All that I have done to it is regular maintanance and other small things that have come up. The best way is to no procratinate. When you put off something on your car, then your car might put you off.

i had an 85 nissan pickup wiht 185000 on it still drove like a champ till i rolled it. even then me and some guys fliped it back up and it still drove just fine

I had a 92 Blazer with a 4.3 that went a hard 235K with no problems till I rolled it. A few friends and a few trucks two OT of oil and I was back in the mud. With no glass, what so ever and the roof smashed to the seats. I sold it to a friend for the wheels and the motor that I believe is still running. My 97 4.3 Blazer has 160K now. I personally most likely will never buy anything but domestic.

I have a post in the set gain thread if yall could take a look. Thanks

Because Consumer Reports, Lemon-Aid, and every other company that tracks vehicle reliability conspires against the American car companies ... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
Personally, I'm quite suprised at how "poorly" BMW did, along with many of the European companies ... and Cadillac (would've never expected Caddy to be the least reliable GM division //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif ) ... Also suprised at how well Hyundai did considering every Hyundai I know of starts falling apart after like 2-3 years ... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

It's a well-known fact that Honda and Toyota produce the most reliable vehicles on the market, although Toyota's repair costs are quite high and both companies have rather bland style ... There's a reason why they hold resale value ... even though I despise Honda //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

cadillac is nothing new to the repair world...how can a car be reliable that has an assload of different computers, like the northstar...also the cooling systems in cadillacs are a disaster, sh!t the owners manual tells to that adding bar's stop leak to the cooling system is required matinence...

toyotas are good cares, not big sh!t that goes wrong, for the most part the toyotas that i work on are ussualy in for the same thing...starters..

hondas have strong motors and will run a long time, but have well known issues with the window motors burning up, windows jumping off track, door locks coming off the latch and issues like that...

Hyundai's are not horrible cars, its just when they built them they tried to save money and went cheap on the ignition system, thefore leading to needing new plugs wires and ignition components after about 50k....not very impressive

BMW's can be good relaible cars, but people do not know how to maintain them, therefore they have issues that in many cases could have been avoided, especially if u can find a good mechanic to fix it,

BUT...of all the cars to get, from my personal experience and opinion, the cars to generally stay away from (at least i will NEVER buy one) are dodge-chrylser (cept maybe* some of the new chryslers)..sh!t dodge still refuses to recall hundreads of thousands of dakota's which have already caused 7 deaths because the ball joiont randomly pops completely out of the knuckle....its ridiculous

my 93 850 volvo is running strong, just had the clutch replaced now im good for another 100,000
^^^getting a little ahead of yourself are we??? its hard to predict a car being good for 100k, no matter what kind of car it is... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

dodge still refuses to recall hundreads of thousands of dakota's which have already caused 7 deaths because the ball joiont randomly pops completely out of the knuckle....its ridiculous
according to fight club, it's cause the mftr weighs cost of recall vs lawsuits. :p

Hyundai, Daewoo, Kia

Hyundai

Japanese is alright... i like it..

and BENz > BMW

thats chart is very strange //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.