crank shaft position sensor

Participant count
  • Participant list

datguyclark
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
florida
alright, let me start by saying, i am a mechanic, just not a certified one //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif.

my car is a 95 maxima, my starter motor burned up and i threw a code, so i ran a diagnostic and the light was thrown saying C.S.P.S., but what i cant remember from the few times i've dealt with this, hell im only 22, i am under the impression that the computer will assume the c.s.p.s. is bad because the starter is going slow fast slow fast and showing that a 120 degree signal is not getting to the ecu in the first few seconds....my question is, has anyone had expierience with this before i go get the sensor just to find out it was the starter alone, any comments appriciated cuz i gotta walk to the parts store //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif and i dont wanna have to go twice. thanks in advance.

clark //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

if you need a new starter(sounds like you do from what you typed) just buy a new starter. if it ran fine before the starter quit then you know its not the CKP(crankshaft position sensor, btw that is the correct abbreviation).

if you need a new starter(sounds like you do from what you typed) just buy a new starter. if it ran fine before the starter quit then you know its not the CKP(crankshaft position sensor, btw that is the correct abbreviation).

it was running fine, but for months has had a little trouble on startup, which still could be csps if im not mistaken, but i changed the starter, still had the issue and went ahead and chaned the csps anyway....thanks tho guys

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.