Morel vs Massive

Participant count
  • Participant list

MakkMar10

Bangin on a Budget
SoCal
I'm looking to spend $400 on 2 sets of comps, I'll also need 6x8 adaptor plates. How does Massive's CK 6v compare to Morel Maximo 6's? I'm open to suggestions, trying to keep it $150-180 a set. I'll even try 2 diff sets, if thts recommended....

I've never heard the Massives but I can comment on the Maximos. They're very clean and detailed and it seems that people either love or hate them. I found my 5.25's to be too much midrange and lacking on the low end but people with the 6.5's say they play plenty low. I swapped out the mids but kept the tweeters in my current install. I like them a lot.

I'm running Morel Maximos right now. I had a BA amp on them for the past two years, and they sounded really good, but the speakers certainly have their issues.

Mytake is that they sound great if you can set them up just right. You will definitely need to throw a good amount of power at them for the midbass to come alive. Right now I have a new amp on them, and isn't pushing the mids at all, and the amp is rated for 100 watts rms. The tweeters sound really clear, but can be VERY bright, and if not tuned correctly can sound completely unbalanced with the mids and bass. My advice is to run these actively if you can, cause then you will have a lot more control with balancing the highs and lows.

you'll have an even worse time with the massives lol their crossovers **** even though they are gigantic they completely make a huge dip in the midrange which sounds annoying. Even if you end up with the massives, ditch the crossovers and run active. For this price range though, i'd recommend getting a pair of pro audio mids and some vifa tweets, save some money and sound better doing it by going active. Components sets under 200$ dont feel worth it to me at all now that i've tried pro audio mids.

I like the Active idea, I may get the Q4-120 before I get speakers. That way I'd have a zx350.4 an Q4-120 so active wud be my direction now. Thing is mounting tweeters, I need it to be simple as possible....Do PA tweets come with mounting hardware????

I like the Active idea, I may get the Q4-120 before I get speakers. That way I'd have a zx350.4 an Q4-120 so active wud be my direction now. Thing is mounting tweeters, I need it to be simple as possible....Do PA tweets come with mounting hardware????
I don't remember what mounting hardware the morels came with, but they did come with some sort of mounting stuff lol. One thing to keep in mind for the morels, is just simply popping them into the old speaker hole won't be enough. I did that originally, and that was a big part of the lack of mids and lows, but definitely also go active if you can

I don't remember what mounting hardware the morels came with, but they did come with some sort of mounting stuff lol. One thing to keep in mind for the morels, is just simply popping them into the old speaker hole won't be enough. I did that originally, and that was a big part of the lack of mids and lows, but definitely also go active if you can
I was asking about the Vifa's or PA tweets in general, if they come with hardware. But since I want 4 tweeters I won't need PA's. Ima get the Q4-120 first, so I'll have time to look for mid an tweets. I don't need PA equipment to run active do I????

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.