Morel Tempo 6 VS Hertz HCX690 VS ID CTX69

you were right wille "surround sound" i like my music to be warm and smooth, laid back, i am not a 20 years old guy like it loud.

i've installed the id ctx46, ctx57 and the ctx6 in a few cars and everyone loved the way it sounded. i think if you can go listen to the ID CTX69. and if you can't i'd still suggest that speaker.

FJ yes i have the whole car Dynamat and the tweeter sit on top about 20 inch above the mid and i found them too bright that's why i set them at -3, i have the Arc Audio XEQ with my Alpine cdx-9886, maybe the Polk SR is not for me, the best speakers that i have used is the Mc Intosh (i don't remember the model) but that was 12 years ago, i don't know they still making good speakers like they use to be not too many people talk about them, do you know anything about them? thanks for help.

FJ don't get me wrong the Polk sound good, i like them a lot better than the Hertz HSK165 i used to have (put them in my wife car and she love it ok good) if i add another set of 6.9 on rear with tweeter level adjust to bring the high down a little they will sound better i think, time to shop will get back later on.

FJ don't get me wrong the Polk sound good, i like them a lot better than the Hertz HSK165 i used to have (put them in my wife car and she love it ok good) if i add another set of 6.9 on rear with tweeter level adjust to bring the high down a little they will sound better i think, time to shop will get back later on.
I'll be the first one to say that not all speakers are right for all people. If you feel the Polks aren't for you, by all means try something else.

I described the effects of adding rear speakers in my previous post. Simply put, the rear speakers will add to the quantity of sound, but decrease its quality. In most of your threads you mention a desire for a SQ system. This is not a good way to go about it.

When you say the whole car was Dynomat'd, does that mean that the doors were sealed?

I'd suggest that you bi-amp the SRs with your 4-channel ARC and the stock x-overs. This will allow you to turn the tweeters down further and you'll be able to use your EQ to effectively adjust the speakers' tonal balance.

FJ thanks for the input , i have my friend tune my system for me this morning and they sound awesome the reason is that i have my head unit on loudness, when he turn them off and adjust the tweeter at 0- the whole system sound so much better but still need speakers for the rear, the Herzt High Energy 6.9 three ways should be in the shop in 2 weeks so that what i am going for, what you think? if you know any high end 6.9 will sound soft and smooth please let me know thanks.

yes me and a friend did all the Dynamat and it took us 2 weeks, i was in car stereo for so long so i want everything to be perfect, you don't hear nothing but pure music.

... but still need speakers for the rear, the Herzt High Energy 6.9 three ways should be in the shop in 2 weeks so that what i am going for, what you think?
I've already told you what I think, and even rephrased it in hopes of the message becoming more clear. Seeing that you didn't know to turn down the treble, as well not being familiar with the effects of loudness compensation, I can see how a lack of communication can exist. Good luck; I hope everything turns out to your liking.

P and R in Pinellas Park, on Park Blvd and 50 Street , they have them on display and they sound good on low volume but not as clean as Hertz Audio or Polk SR, piece of s**t store want $189 for it, i rather spend a little bit more to get the Hertz High Energy 6.9 3 ways come out in couples week.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.