96 Mustang GT coupe. Tired of crackling door speakers. Help? Opinions?

mik3v
10+ year member

Alright, so I want to work on making my stereo system in my mustang sound better. I have an older, pretty nice, pioneer head unit (DEH 535) in from the previous owner which isn't bad but I would love to have an aux-in plug to play music through my speakers with my phone, ipod, zune, etc...

But I think more importantly, I would really like new door speakers and possibly rear speakers. I love to have my music really loud but hate when it starts to crackle. Mostly when I have the windows down and so I need to turn it up to be able to hear it better and then it gets fuzzy...

I'm curious as to what you guys think would work best in my car. Specific speakers, brands, and other things would be much appreciated. Also as to what would fit exactly and the best I can get with a pretty tight budget.

Thanks guys,

Michael

well i just looked it up as to wat sizes your speakers are and they are 6x8s all the way around. wat is your budget...are you tryin to get a amp for the speakers as well or just new speakers? getting a amp will make them louder. but you dont want an amp on stock speakers...if your just wanting speakers and are ona tight budget...try to find some used on around here in the classifieds section or off ebay.....just stay away from Sony and most Pioneers.

well i just looked it up as to wat sizes your speakers are and they are 6x8s all the way around. wat is your budget...are you tryin to get a amp for the speakers as well or just new speakers? getting a amp will make them louder. but you dont want an amp on stock speakers...if your just wanting speakers and are ona tight budget...try to find some used on around here in the classifieds section or off ebay.....just stay away from Sony and most Pioneers.
Well thank you very much.

I believe there are 4 speakers total, one in each door, and two in the rear.

I am not sure what I want or need yet. I'm quite uneducated on how speakers work and what not...

I am hoping to spend under $200 and even as little as possible since I'm in high school and can't afford a lot. I dont care all that much about bass or ever having subs but would love to be able to play my music loud with the windows down.

Thanks.

I'd get some 6.5" adapters, there are a lot more options and a round speaker wont distort sound at all. and upgrading from stock anything will be a huge improvement. and http://www.sonicelectronix.com is a good place to order stuff
Alright, adapters..? how do i do that and what to i get?

yeah i hope so //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

thanks.

what kind of wheels are on your car?
They are Cobra R Wheels. just got them a couple weeks ago off craigslist. I really like them, and the fact that the back ones are pretty dang wide.

i personally am a kicker fan for cheap solutions , the sound quality is great and the power handaling is amazing i would go with the Kicker 08KS680 it go's for around $52 bucks if you are intereaseted -- here is the link http://www.techronics.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=8406 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Thanks for the link. They look alright //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

anyone have any other suggestions or reviews?

my friend has the same car. the previous owner took all the speakers out before he bought it and he didnt notice until he got back home //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif that car isnt meant for car audioz just listen to the exhaust with the windows down

Thanks. Now that's the kind of reply i wanted //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif haha with some specifics.

Thanks a bunch. So I'm liking the prices of these but am still uncertain about the specifics and what does what?

What are tweeters? I am thinking they are little additional speakers that you mount somewhere else? How would this be possible in my car? Would I have to do a custom job to make it work?

If so, I'm thinking about not using them at all?

Thoughts? Critique?

I'm pretty new to this stuff so idk...

my friend has the same car. the previous owner took all the speakers out before he bought it and he didnt notice until he got back home //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif that car isnt meant for car audioz just listen to the exhaust with the windows down
Haha that ***** man. pshhh sure it is. And anyways, I can always here my flowmasters over any volume of music //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.