Morel midbass tweeter matching

Participant count
  • Participant list

SlugButter

CarAudio.com VIP
arizona
going to purchase 2 of these for my midbass running active on the pioneer head unit. The baffle cutout diameter being 3.5 inches on a 6,5 inch speaker seems a bit different to me, but I know morel makes good quality products. My question: I have some Dayton tweeters already that are 40 watts rms. Do I need to get some more powerful tweeters? What is the ratio you guys use between your midbass and tweeters? I don’t want to leave a ton of midbass on the table with tweeters that can’t keep up.

I'd say just try what you have out first so you know if 40 watts is enough, and if it isn't, you can probably gauge where you need to go from there. My favorite sounding tweets are silk dome, and silk dome tweets still get loud. My rainbow components with silk tweets and 6.5's got stupid loud were the best sounding speakers I ever heard in that price range.

Are you running those mids in a 2 way setup? Or a dedicated midbass woofer? I'm not seeing much info on them other than sensitivity is little on the low side.

I would try out the daytons at least. If they don't keep up check out the Massive CT2s. They sound fantastic and can also get loud.

The mids will be running active from about 80 hz to 3500 hz in a 2 way, of course that will be adjusted a dozen times probably as I play around with the crossovers as I listen to it. i was a little concerned about the sensitivity, but I am having An issue finding a 6.5 that will fit in my doors. I am using an MDF adapter ring to replace the 6x9s that came stock, and they are a tight fit. I have just barely under 6.5 inches of room in the door panel, and most 6.5s have an outer dimension of 6.5 or over. These morels are 6.3 on the outer side, letting me fit them in nearly perfectly. Trying to avoid 5.25 mids honestly. The whole system will be a pioneer deh-prs80, a 4 channel running the mids and tweeters. The sub is a Dayton ultimax 8 in a bandpass box with a homemade amplifier built right into the box itself. I have already built the box and have a nice flat response from 30-85hz, but the amplifier I’m building is having some power supply issues I am working out,.....hopefully. If not, I have a timpano amplifier that is suitable for the sub.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.